Aviation authorities from more than a dozen countries from across the globe will offer their perspectives on safety at the Fifth Annual International Helicopter Safety Symposium, taking place in Fort Worth, Texas from Nov. 8-9, 2011. The theme of the symposium will be Human Factors: our Collective Challenge – Our Individual Responsibility.
The event is a gathering of helicopter operators, manufacturers, service providers, trade associations, academia, government regulators, pilots, mechanics, instructors, and other industry participants from across the globe aimed at finding ways to drive the helicopter accident rate lower. Organizations involved in the symposium also are members of the International Helicopter Safety Team, which was created in 2005 with a mission of reducing the worldwide civil helicopter accident rate by 80 percent by 2016.
This two-day event will include discussions about helicopter safety and operations in numerous countries and regions, including: Europe, the Persian Gulf, Australia, Brazil, Canada, India, Japan, Russia, and the United States.
Hear from experts in human factors and pilot decision-making, and learn about recommendations and strategies for mitigating operational risks. This is a global gathering that should not be missed.
Discount hotel rates are still available for this unique event. A discounted guest room rate of $89 is available to IHSS 2011 guests at the Park Central Hotel on a space available basis. To inquire about availability, please call 817-336-2011 and remember to ask for the International Helicopter Safety Symposium room rate. Room reservations at prevailing rates can also be made at the Worthington Renaissance Hotel and the Courtyard by Marriott Blackstone.
- Carson Helicopters cited for for exposing workers to chemical hazards
- Värmland’s EMS helicopter goes to Karlstad
- American Eurocopter awards scholarships for air safety training
- L-3 Wescam launches two new products at Paris
- Ducommun receives Flow-on Black Hawk contract
- North American and European customers signed for Turbomeca’s online BOOST service
- UK Government Minister Provides Reassurances on Air Ambulance Fuel VAT
- STARS receives major gift from Young’s Equipment
- Bell’s Czech Republic facility expands scope of EASA DOA certification
- Erickson Air-Crane extends S64 contract in Afghanistan
- Bristow to equip 44 helicopters with Rockwell Collins TCAS II
- Vector Aerospace get Sikorsky approval for UK S76 service centre
- Dart Aerospace now offering R66 Field Maintenance Kit
- Elitaliana Signs For Three More AW169 Helicopters
- AgustaWestland Training Academy Malaysia Introduces AW139 Full Flight Simulator
- Mauritanian Air Force Orders Two AW109 Powers
- AgustaWestland Secures its First AW139 Order in Senegal
- Curtiss-Wright Controls awarded Surion contract
- Curtiss-Wright Controls’ Data Acquisition & “Black Box” Technology to be used on unnamed new helicopter
- Global Military Helicopter Modernisation, Upgrade and Retrofit Market 2013-2023