On Tuesday, 1 November, the Swedish Maritime Administration will take over the operational responsibility for the search and rescue helicopters in Sweden. The take-over will be executed through a governmental acquisition of all the stocks in Norrlandsflyg’s parent company Scandinavian Helicopter Invest (SHI) through the national Maritime Administration.
The acquisition is made in order to ensure an available nationwide search and rescue service, both financially and operationally. The decision has been made on the fact that the current operator,Norrlandsflyg, has been dealing with financial difficulties the past year, and that there is no real market for procuring these kinds of services.
The take-over requires a parliamentary approval, which was gained today by an unanimous assembly.
The deal secures three critical elements in the operation - the rescue helicopters, the permits to conduct the air service and the unique competence rooted in Norrlandsflyg’s personnel.
Norrlandsflyg has performed civil search and rescue (SAR) operations from 2002, following the first steps in the retirement of military rescue operations. It operates a large fleet of Sikorsky S-76 helicopters from six bases throughout Sweden - five SAR stations and one EMS (ambulance) base. The company, which has its main office in Gothenburg, employs a staff of approx. 120 persons.
Reproduced from Nordic Rotors with permission. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Nordic Rotors
- Mexico certifies Sikorsky S76D
- Sikorsky Aerospace and WIKING Kale Air Launch New Customer Service Center
- Helijet Expands B.C. Central Coast Presence
- AAG Offers Special Charter Rates to Avoid NYC Airport Delays
- 27-Apr-13 N305SJ Sikorsky S76B Constanza, Dominican Republic
- FlightSafety to offer Sikorsky S-76B training in Dallas
- Sikorsky Establishes Forward Stocking Location Facility in Brazil
- UK – Capital Air Services add two S76s on management
- British Columbia’s Air Ambulance audit raises questions
- 15-Mar-13 N574EH Sikorsky S76A++ Lake Charles, US-Louisiana (3F)
- 11-Mar-13 Sikorsky S76C++ Muskegon, US-Michigan
- Sikorsky recognises National Helicopter Services of Trinidad & Tobago
- Bristow awarded FAA STC for ADS-B Out solution on S76C
- ASU completes second S-76C++ NVG conversion for PHi
- Spectrum Aeromed to exhibit at Heli-Expo
- Northland Emergency Services Trust hit by theft from hangar
- HeliFlite adds third S76
- New research report issued on Sikorsky
- Geisinger Life Flight obtains FAA air carrier certificate
- 28-Nov-12 N911FK Sikorsky S76A Tavernier, US-Florida