The first batch of Mi-17V-5 helicopters have been delivered to the Indian side under the contract signed by Rosoboronexport, JSC in December 2008 during the visit to India of Russian President Dmitry Medvedev.
The helicopters are manufactured by Kazan Helicopters, a subsidiary of the Russian Helicopters holding company.
India is considered Russia’s a strategic partner in development and delivery of rotorcraft for defence purposes as well as state and private operators. Joint Russian-Indian projects to deliver new helicopters, spares, and aviation equipment are under way. As of 2011 the Indian Air Force operates over 200 Mi-8/17 type medium rotorcraft of Russian make.
The Mi-17V-5 is the most up-to-date modification of the Mi-17. The helicopters being delivered are manufactured to the customer’s specification and are unique in their configuration. Each helicopter is equipped with a KNEI-8 avionics suite. It replaced a number of systems indicators, resulting in a very clear and intuitive cockpit with four large multi-functional displays that are easy to read and help reduce pilot fatigue. This avionics suite also helps cut down pre-flight inspection time, displaying all systems data and alerting crew wh
- HeliRussia – Russia-Peru certification agreement opens up opportunties for Helisur
- UTair South Africa becomes official supplier to UN
- 06-May-13 RA-24410 Mil Mi-8 Preobrazhenka, Russia (9F)
- LOM Praha awarded with $1.3M contract for Mi-17 pilot training
- Indian Air Force may have no VVIP helicopters after 2014
- 21-Apr-13 Mil Mi-8T Azr district, Afghanistan
- 20-Apr-13 Mil Mi-17 Sharq Al-Owainat, Egypt
- 07-Apr-13 OB-1916P Mil-8 Loreto, Peru (13F)
- Russian Helicopters launches South Africa service centre with Denel Aviation
- 26-Mar-13 RA-22986 Mil Mi-8MTV Kronotsky, Russia
- 16-Mar-13 Mil Mi-8 Khankala, Russia (3F)
- 14-Mar-13 Mil Mi-8T Khabarovsk, Russia
- 09-Mar-13 RA-22472 Mil Mi-8AMT Bukavu, Congo (4F)
- UTair wins multi-type contract with oil producer Bashneft
- 25-Jan-13 228 Mil Mi-171Sh Duga Resa, Croatia
- 23-Jan-13 Mil Mi-8 Dudinka, Russia
- Colombia’s Vertical de Aviacion adds three Mi-171s
- Rwanda provides six helicopters for UN efforts in Sudan
- 26-Dec-12 Mil Mi-8 Mazzeh, Syria
- 25-Dec-12 Mil Mi-8MT Oleksandriia, Ukraine (5F)