In a ceremony in Luanda on Tuesday 8th November, thirteen new pilots were presented by Angolan National Police aviation commander JoÃ£o Lello to general commissioner Ambrosio de Lemos.Â In his speech to those present, Mr Lello said that the pilots had been trained in Brazil along with twenty maintenance engineers.Â A further nine pilots and a second batch of twenty engineers continue their training in the South American country today.
The Angolan National Police has a fleet of ten Eurocopter AS350B3 helicopters, delivered from 2009 through to May of this year.
Angola is a demanding operational environment, where the climate varies from cool, dry and semi-arid to hot, humid and rainy.Â Situated in South Western Africa, the country is rich in both minerals and oil with a population of around 18.5 million people.Â Twice the size of Texas, with 5,198 km of land boundaries and a 1,600km long Atlantic Ocean coastline, Angola also has a vast inland plateau, where terrain elevation reaches as high as 2,000m amsl.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Heli-Alps Purchases new Bell 505
- Boost Systems Dual Hook Systems and Personnel Carrying Devise approved for B407 and AS350/355
- Lawsuit filed over 2016 AS350 accident in Antarctica
- 01-Jan-18 ZS-??? Airbus AS350B3 Cathedral Peak, South Africa
- FAA certified retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank for AS350 and EC130
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- FB Heliservices begin DHFS AS350 fleet disposal
- Honeywell Certified To Bring Wi-Fi To Helicopters
- Vector takes AS350 crash resistant fuel system to AMTC 2017
- Heli-One Norway Adds Airbus AS350 Blade Repair Capability
- FAA approves AS350 Maximum Pilot View Kit from Swiss Rotor Solutions
- 20-Aug-17 OE-XTM Airbus AS350B3 Cabril, Portugal (1F)
- AeroBrigham to represent Swiss Rotor Solutions in US
- Robertson testing AS350 crash resistant fuel tank
- Swiss Rotor Solutions takes AS350 Maximum Pilot View Kit to ALEA 2017
- 22-May-17 N207CH Airbus AS350B2 Herbert Glacier, US-Alaska
- 13-May-17 HB-ZTM Airbus AS350B2 Kandersteg, Switzerland (1F)
- H125 FastFin Approved by Transport Canada
- 10-May-17 G-HKCN Airbus H125 Bergen, Norway