CHC Helicopter said that its owner, First Reserve Corp., has delivered $80 million against a commitment of an additional $100 million in equity in the global helicopter-services company. CHC announced the planned investment in September, a move intended to help fund continued expansion in the midst of strong industry growth.
According to CHC, the balance of the investment will be made in the next two to three months, consistent with a timetable developed by the company.
"Every indication is that demand for offshore helicopter services will continue to increase at a very healthy rate," said William Amelio, CHC's president and chief executive officer. "That's being driven by the largest part of our business, where oil-and-gas producers are exploring in and opening up new frontiers, and in developing areas like search-and rescue and wind-energy generation.
"The benefits of industry growth aren't going to be equally distributed, and we think our leading safety record, reputation for customer service and extensive global reach together favor CHC.
"First Reserve's additional investment clearly shows it shares our optimism," Mr. Amelio said.
CHC Helicopter is the world's largest helicopter services company specializing in three main areas of operation:
- Transportation to offshore oil and gas platforms
- Civilian search-and-rescue services, and
- Helicopter maintenance, repair and overhaul.
The company is headquartered in Vancouver, B.C., Canada, and has a fleet of more than 250 aircraft and operates in about 30 countries around the world.
- PAvCon Police Aviation Conference starts in Austria on Tuesday
- HeliRussia – First Kamov Ka62 to fly by August
- HeliRussia – Transas Aviation to provide locally-made GPS for Bell 407, 429
- HeliRussia – Exclases Holdings signs for a GrandNew
- HeliRussia – Exclases signs for five AW139s
- HeliRussia – Russia-Peru certification agreement opens up opportunties for Helisur
- HeliRussia – Russian Helicopters signs agreement with PANH Helicopters
- HeliRussia – Bell expands in Russia
- Helipad in Woodruff to be Discussed Again
- Dart launches Rear Locker Extender for B206 and B407
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M for long-lead V-22 components
- Night Flight Concepts Launches Industry Specific NVIS Solution Programs
- Kaweah Delta hosts helipad completion celebration
- Register Update – USA – week to 12 May 2013
- Breeze-Eastern to Design and Produce New Winch for MV-22
- RBC makes C$500K donation to STARS
- TAI shows R300 unmanned helicopter
- FLIR Systems awarded $81M US Army contract
- Royal Canadian Air Force begins TigerEx 2013
- Helmet saves Otago helicopter pilot’s life