Metro Aviation, Inc. recently entered into a contract with STAT MedEvac for three EC135 and two EC145 aircraft completions.
The latest order will be a continuation of business between Metro Aviation, Inc. and STAT MedEvac that began with the introduction of the first EC135 aircraft in the United States, which was completed by Metro Aviation, Inc., for operation by STAT MedEvac.
Metro Aviation, Inc. will receive and begin completion of the first contracted aircraft in January 2012. Each aircraft will be equipped with EMS, SPIFR, air-conditioning and a lengthy list of optional equipment.
The final completed aircraft is scheduled for delivery in August 2012. Shipment of the EC145’s to STAT MedEvac will mark the 65th and 66th EC145’s to be completed by Metro Aviation, Inc. in its nearly 30-year history.
Metro Aviation, Inc. was established in 1982 as a helicopter charter, flight training, and maintenance operation facility. Since then, Metro Aviation, Inc. has grown substantially in size, and is internationally recognized for its excellence in helicopter transportation services. Today, Metro Aviation, Inc. is an FAA certified Airframe Modification, Maintenance, Inspection and Repair center, and is proud to offer traditional services to its valued customers.
- East Anglian Air Ambulance founder awarded MBE in Queen’s Birthday honours list
- UK – East Anglian Air Ambulance to feature in BBC documentary
- Germany’s DRF Luftrettung celebrates 40 years
- Northwest MedStar adds Eurocopter EC135P2+ and new base
- Barbecue blunder forced UK hospital helipad to shut
- Germany – Heli Aviation buys EC135 simulator
- Japan Police orders two EC135s and one each EC155 and AS365N3+
- East Anglian Air Ambulance begins first UK night EMS missions
- REACH adds sixth EC135
- Swiss air ambulances at war – Rega v TCS
- CALSTAR appoints new Chief Pilot
- 16-May-13 D-HLDM Eurocopter EC135P2 Ochsenfurt, Germany
- Seventeen EC135s for Turkish EMS contract
- Rescued pilot funds Midlands Air Ambulance education centre
- 07-May-13 N911ET Eurocopter EC135P2+ Tyler, US-Texas
- 06-May-13 N911SV Eurocopter EC135 Reed Point, US-Montana
- EAAA Passes CQC Inspection with Flying Colours
- UK – First test flight for EMS helipad on Isle of Wight
- West Midlands Police helicopter catches more than 500 suspects in a year
- 27-Apr-13 HB-ZJE Eurocopter EC135P1 Grenchen, Switzerland