AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce that JSC Euro-Asia Air of Kazakhstan has ordered two additional AW139 medium twin helicopters. These offshore configured AW139s will be used to perform transport operations in Kazakhstan's section of the Caspian Sea.
One of the two aircraft will be provided with the Full Ice Protection System (FIPS) allowing flights into known icing conditions. The FIPS will enable all weather operations, when other types would be confined to the hangar. This latest order from JSC Euro-Asia Air, a leading operator in Kazakhstan, marks a further expansion of the AW139 fleet in Kazakhstan’s commercial helicopter market where the customer already operates four AW139s. A total of five AW139s are currently in service in Kazakhstan.
Emilio Dalmasso, Senior Vice President Commercial Business Unit, AgustaWestland said “We are very pleased to have signed this contract for two additional helicopters with Kazakhstan’s leading helicopter company. With four aircraft already in service this order highlights the customer’s satisfaction with the AW139 and its ability to accomplish the mission with unequalled effectiveness in some of the most demanding operational conditions”.
With the largest cabin in its class and modular equipment packages the AW139 can be easily and quickly converted to and from various configurations. The AW139 has the best performance in its weight class in all operating conditions and with its power reserve delivers Category A (Class 1) superior performance from a helipad (elevated or at ground level) at maximum take-off weight. Excellent payload and performance ensure unmatched productivity for offshore operations. Energy-absorbing landing gear, fuselage and seats as well as high main and tail rotor ground clearance provide added safety for the passengers and maintenance teams whilst on the ground. Almost 580 AW139 helicopters have been ordered so far by nearly 160 customers in over 50 countries to perform various roles including offshore transport, EMS/SAR, VIP/corporate transport, passenger transport, law enforcement, utility and government roles.
JSC “Euro-Asia Air” is a 100% state-owned company which stock of shares belonging to JSC NC “KazMunayGas”, Kazakhstan. It has a branch network equipped with air-technical bases, hangars, spare parts storage and ground equipment, where more than 400 highly qualified employees work. Currently JSC “Euro-Asia Air” operates four AW139 helicopters for flights to offshore rigs and islands for foreign oil companies.
- AgustaWestland Training Academy Malaysia Introduces AW139 Full Flight Simulator
- AgustaWestland Secures its First AW139 Order in Senegal
- AgustaWestland and Shanghai Zenisun sign official Distributorship Agreement for China
- Samsung Techwin orders two more AW139s
- AgustaWestland confirm HeliHub.com story on Brunei Shell AW139s
- AW139 tech pubs now available on tablets and smart phones
- US corporate operator signs for two AW139s
- LCI signs for 10 more new AgustaWestland helicopters
- Omni signs for two more AW139s
- LCI to lease two AW139s to WestStar
- UK – Significant growth for Gama helicopter maintenance
- AgustaWestland launches Paris Airshow App 2013 and Official Twitter Account
- Azerbaijan Airlines orders S92 and AW139 simulators from CAE
- Panama takes delivery of fifth and sixth AW139s
- Weststar signs first contract outside Malaysia
- Brunei Shell Petroleum accepts two AW139s
- Fourth corporate AW139 sold into UK market
- HeliRussia – Exclases signs for five AW139s
- RBC makes C$500K donation to STARS
- Neighbours complain at temporary EMS helipad