The Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) has bagged Raksha Mantri’s award for excellence in performance (2009-10). Shri P.V Deshmukh, Offg. Chairman of HAL received the award and citation from Hon’ble Defence Minister Mr A.K Antony in New Delhi.
In recognition for achieving improved organisational performance excellence through Research & Development, improved production and financial performance, Export promotions, Technology up gradation, Lean manufacturing practices, focus on Customer Service, adoption of Quality Management Systems and Human Resources management initiatives, “Excellence in Performance” award in the Institutional Category, for year 2009-10 has been conferred on HAL.
HAL has registered an Export Sales of over Rs. 200 Crores during 2009-10 and emerged as a globally competitive Aerospace company, with supplies of major structural assembly packages & large volumes of machined components to leading international aerospace companies like Airbus and Boeing Industries. During the year 2009-10, the Company exported a new product: F-18 Gun Bay Door & Wire Harness to Boeing, USA and concluded long term contracts worth USD 260 Million to improve export performance. HAL was identified as the “Supplier of the year 2009” based on their evaluation criteria for suppliers by Boeing ,USA.
On the Design & Development front, the Company achieved the Maiden flight on the first Technology Demonstrator (TD-1) of Light Combat Helicopter on 29 Mar 2010. The first Trainer variant prototype(PV-5) of Tejas flew for the first time on 26 Nov09. On the IJT, Integration and flight evaluation of the new Russian engine AL-55I was successfully completed.
A new joint venture, International Aerospace Manufacturing Pvt Ltd, was formed with Rolls Royce (RR) in Bangalore during 2009-10. This will establish indigenous capability in manufacture of parts for large civil aero engines and would be a route for liquidation of offsets.
During the year 2009-10, the company implemented various HR Initiatives like Job Description & Competency Mapping Exercise. The concept of Training Within Industry (TWI) was also implemented during the year wherein supervisors and skilled employees become trainers for the inexperienced ones .Two Workshops on Knowledge Management for Knowledge Management Officers by IIT Chennai & IISc Bangalore were conducted.
- Avinics Appoints New CEO Western Europe
- DART Launches Redesigned iPad App to Better Support its Customers
- Next-Generation Transponder receives DoD Certification
- Russian Helicopters congratulates winners of 21st Century Helicopters competition
- Safety Experts Join PRISM Helicopter and Business Aviation Team
- Air Comm acquires Meggitt (Addison)
- New head for Air BP
- Bristow – EC225 situation will last another year or more
- Iraqi Army receives last of 24 Bell 407s
- Argentine Air Force to add two Bell 412s
- EBACE – AgustaWestland pushes VIP-role AW169
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance goes operational
- EBACE – Bell showcases 429
- AHS – Prevailing In “Demanding Environments”
- HAI Participates at HeliRussia 2013
- Bristow publish results for Q4 and Year ended 31st March 2013
- Floating helipad returns to Destin
- 23-May-13 PNB-8302 Eurocopter Bo105 Caracas, Venezuela (5F)
- 23-May-13 G-XXEB Sikorsky S76C++ Denham, UK
- R66 lands at North Pole