The Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) has bagged Raksha Mantri’s award for excellence in performance (2009-10). Shri P.V Deshmukh, Offg. Chairman of HAL received the award and citation from Hon’ble Defence Minister Mr A.K Antony in New Delhi.
In recognition for achieving improved organisational performance excellence through Research & Development, improved production and financial performance, Export promotions, Technology up gradation, Lean manufacturing practices, focus on Customer Service, adoption of Quality Management Systems and Human Resources management initiatives, “Excellence in Performance” award in the Institutional Category, for year 2009-10 has been conferred on HAL.
HAL has registered an Export Sales of over Rs. 200 Crores during 2009-10 and emerged as a globally competitive Aerospace company, with supplies of major structural assembly packages & large volumes of machined components to leading international aerospace companies like Airbus and Boeing Industries. During the year 2009-10, the Company exported a new product: F-18 Gun Bay Door & Wire Harness to Boeing, USA and concluded long term contracts worth USD 260 Million to improve export performance. HAL was identified as the “Supplier of the year 2009” based on their evaluation criteria for suppliers by Boeing ,USA.
On the Design & Development front, the Company achieved the Maiden flight on the first Technology Demonstrator (TD-1) of Light Combat Helicopter on 29 Mar 2010. The first Trainer variant prototype(PV-5) of Tejas flew for the first time on 26 Nov09. On the IJT, Integration and flight evaluation of the new Russian engine AL-55I was successfully completed.
A new joint venture, International Aerospace Manufacturing Pvt Ltd, was formed with Rolls Royce (RR) in Bangalore during 2009-10. This will establish indigenous capability in manufacture of parts for large civil aero engines and would be a route for liquidation of offsets.
During the year 2009-10, the company implemented various HR Initiatives like Job Description & Competency Mapping Exercise. The concept of Training Within Industry (TWI) was also implemented during the year wherein supervisors and skilled employees become trainers for the inexperienced ones .Two Workshops on Knowledge Management for Knowledge Management Officers by IIT Chennai & IISc Bangalore were conducted.
- HeliRussia – First Kamov Ka62 to fly by August
- HeliRussia – Transas Aviation to provide locally-made GPS for Bell 407, 429
- HeliRussia – Exclases Holdings signs for a GrandNew
- HeliRussia – Exclases signs for five AW139s
- HeliRussia – Russia-Peru certification agreement opens up opportunties for Helisur
- HeliRussia – Russian Helicopters signs agreement with PANH Helicopters
- HeliRussia – Bell expands in Russia
- Helipad in Woodruff to be Discussed Again
- Dart launches Rear Locker Extender for B206 and B407
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M for long-lead V-22 components
- Night Flight Concepts Launches Industry Specific NVIS Solution Programs
- Kaweah Delta hosts helipad completion celebration
- Register Update – USA – week to 12 May 2013
- Breeze-Eastern to Design and Produce New Winch for MV-22
- RBC makes C$500K donation to STARS
- TAI shows R300 unmanned helicopter
- FLIR Systems awarded $81M US Army contract
- Royal Canadian Air Force begins TigerEx 2013
- Helmet saves Otago helicopter pilot’s life
- Pilot missing after Shandong helicopter hijacked by 20 men