In an incredulous decision, Hambleton District Council has served an enforcement notice on Yorkshire Air Ambulance (YAA) to move off Bagby Airfield due to noise issues - hands up those who genuinely think MD Explorers are noisy... YAA has also been served with a notice to dismantle its flight crew room, toilet and shower block.
A spokesman for Hambleton District Council, which issued the enforcement notice, said they were "working closely" with YAA to find an alternative satellite base. Apart from the area served from their main base at Leeds-Bradford Airport, Bagby had been specifically chosen to cover the rest of their patch.
Martin Scott, who owns the grass airstrip, has been served with an unprecedented 14 enforcement notices, including stopping the use of part of the runway and ceasing helicopter training and taxi services.
A spokesman for the YAA reportedly said the charity was considering its position - it has until 20th December to launch an appeal against the enforcement notice.
Jeremy Parkin - HeliHub.com
- FirstGroup pledges £100K to London’s Air Ambulance
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance MD902 AOG for 7 months
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance paramedics help design revolutionary kit bags
- London’s Air Ambulance – new offices are rent-free
- London Air Ambulance founder Alastair Wilson retires
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance paramedics get approval to use powerful painkiller
- London’s Air Ambulance to use 4G to enhance service
- London’s Air Ambulance moves charity office
- London’s Air Ambulance partners with International SOS
- London’s Air Ambulance in TV series starting Thursday
- London’s Air Ambulance Turns To City For Funding
- Cornwall Air Ambulance switches operator away from Bond
- MD announces Next Generation of Technology Advancements for Explorer
- FAA approves MD902 gross weight increase to 6,770 pounds
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance praised by top children¹s doctor
- Airexcell Sells first MD902 Into Canada to Ascent Helicopters
- Qatar – Hamad Medical to buy three larger EMS helicopters
- Exclusive – London’s Air Ambulance new livery
- London’s Air Ambulance to move base
- Big Interview: New CEO at London’s Air Ambulance