Officially launched at Heli-Expo 2011, the AS350 B3e is designed to carry out demanding missions in the most extreme weather and geographical conditions. Its exceptional lift capability, high endurance, extended range and fast cruise speed make the AS350 B3e the leader in its class.
“We look forward to enhancing our customers’ fleets, by offering the newly Canadian certified AS350 B3e,” said Mr. Guy Joannes, President & CEO, ECL. “Derived from the strength of the proven Ecureuil helicopter family, this versatile aircraft provides performance, power, comfort, excellent safety features and reduced direct operating costs, making it an ideal fleet addition for any type of mission.”
The AS350 B3e is a member of Eurocopter's rugged and proven Ecureuil family. Some 4,900 Ecureuils have been delivered in 98 countries for some 1,600 operators, accumulating more than 22 million hours. More than 1,000 AS350 B3 series are currently in-service worldwide, and are mainly used for high performance missions in "high and hot" conditions.
The AS350 B3e features an enhanced Turbomeca Arriel 2D turbo shaft engine, with higher reliability and reduced Direct Operating Costs. Engine filters are available for protection during flight in sand and snow conditions without a performance penalty. The AS350 B3e is equipped with a new digital FADEC (Full Authority Digital Engine Control) and is fitted with an engine data recorder. It incorporates tail rotor modifications for additional ease of piloting, and also features an improved interior design. The AS350 B3e cockpit will be fitted with a dual LCD-screen Vehicle and Engine Multifunction Display (VEMD), allowing the pilot to check at one glance, the main vehicle and engine parameters - thus reducing his workload and enhancing safety. The use of composite material gives the AS350 B3e the best protection against corrosion, as well as reducing maintenance costs.
- Eurocopter to supply EC225 and AS350B3e to China’s State Grid General Aviation Company
- SHG receives its 70th Eurocopter
- New Helicopter Base in Valdosta Aimed at Saving Lives
- Sky Tech joins Turbomeca Certified Maintenance Center Network
- RSG delivers newly completed AS350B3e to Guatemala
- ANAC approves Dart’s full emergency litter kit for AS350/355
- 08-May-13 PT-HML Eurocopter AS350 Morro da Urca HP, Brazil
- 02-May-13 PP-EIH Eurocopter AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 02-May-13 N209LF Eurocopter EC130 Walnut Hill, US-Florida
- Regular sightseeing tours start in London
- Huntsville Hospital’s AS350 now carrying blood
- 30-Apr-13 C-FINX Eurocopter AS350BA Godbout, Canada
- Helibras selects Safran Engineering Services as system integrator
- 27-Apr-13 LN-OVO Eurocopter AS350B3 Roldal, Norway
- Metro Aviation delivers AS350 to EagleMed
- Nepal’s Fishtail Air adds an AS350B3+
- Brazil’s State of Pará orders two AS350B2
- Coast to Coast Helicopters adds two AS350B3e to Mustang fleet
- New AS350 for Castleview Hospital
- 09-Apr-13 C-GZBA Eurocopter AS350B3e Tenquille Lake, Canada