United Rotorcraft Solutions, located in Decatur, TX, recently secured the completion contract to outfit HALO-Flight, Inc's third Bell 407 Helicopter. In late October, HALO-Flight purchased an additional aircraft to meet the needs of its 26-county service area.
"We selected United Rotorcraft for the task because of our past experience with the company and their new relationship with Air Methods," says Tom Klassen, Executive Director of HALO-Flight. "We were pleased with their competitive pricing and swift completion timeline."
HALO-Flight's new helicopter will be configured to mirror their current fleet of aircraft. United Rotorcraft customized HALO-Flight's first two Bell 407's with their advanced Air Medical Interior providing state-of-the-art components to enhance patient care.
Upgrades on the third aircraft will include, technologically advanced avionics and communications to include a helicopter autopilot and stability augmentation system, terrain awareness and warning systems, satellite weather systems, aircraft tracking systems and multi-channel communications. The helicopter will also be Night Vision compatible; all to enhance safety of every mission.
About HALO-Flight, Inc.
HALO-Flight, Inc. is a non-profit Air & Ground Ambulance Service. HALO-Flight is based in Corpus Christi, TX and services 26 counties in South Texas. In conjunction with regional hospitals, EMS, & law enforcement agencies, HALO-Flight was established to provide the quickest response time and highest quality of care to the critically ill and injured. HALO-Flight's mission is to provide medical transport for critically ill or injured persons requiring medical or trauma facilities within our South Texas service area. Emergency assistance is provided to all persons regardless of their ability to pay.
About United Rotorcraft Solutions
United Rotorcraft, a division of Air Methods Corporation, is an FAA Repair Station and provides aircraft completions and refurbishment services, systems integration, maintenance, component overhaul, customized interior installations and unsurpassed exterior finishing servicing all segments of the helicopter industry - Air Medical, Law Enforcement, Special Mission, Corporate and Utility. They also offer FAA approved NVG compatible lighting systems.
- Avinics Appoints New CEO Western Europe
- DART Launches Redesigned iPad App to Better Support its Customers
- Next-Generation Transponder receives DoD Certification
- Russian Helicopters congratulates winners of 21st Century Helicopters competition
- Safety Experts Join PRISM Helicopter and Business Aviation Team
- Air Comm acquires Meggitt (Addison)
- New head for Air BP
- Bristow – EC225 situation will last another year or more
- Iraqi Army receives last of 24 Bell 407s
- Argentine Air Force to add two Bell 412s
- EBACE – AgustaWestland pushes VIP-role AW169
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance goes operational
- EBACE – Bell showcases 429
- AHS – Prevailing In “Demanding Environments”
- HAI Participates at HeliRussia 2013
- Bristow publish results for Q4 and Year ended 31st March 2013
- Floating helipad returns to Destin
- 23-May-13 PNB-8302 Eurocopter Bo105 Caracas, Venezuela (5F)
- 23-May-13 G-XXEB Sikorsky S76C++ Denham, UK
- R66 lands at North Pole