The Italian Carabinieri have moved on from using AB206 JetRangers, largely concentrating on variants of the AgustaWestland AW109, most recently the AW109N Nexus.Â Twenty AB206 JetRangers previously used by the Italian law enforcement agency have been sold to the Argentine Army, where they will be allocated to the 602 Commando Company and based at Campo de Mayo military airport.Â Each aircraft will be equipped with 7.62mm machine gun and rocket launchers.Â 602 Commando Company is currently equipped with Bell UH-1H Hueys and Agusta A109As, although the latter are reportedly withdrawn from use.
The agreement between the two countries apparently sees no monies changing hands.Â Argentina is “paying” for these twenty helicopters by handing over their three Alenia G-222 transport aircraft, which had been withdrawn from use.Â So it seems like a good deal – each country gets rid of aircraft they had taken out of service.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
Argentine Army acquire 20 AB206s from Italian Carabinieri
- 13-Apr-15 Bell 206B Lezhi, China (1F)
- 31-Mar-15 CC-APP Bell 206L4 Diego de Almagro, Chile (4F)
- 30-Mar-15 N50KH Bell 206L.1 Saucier, US-Mississippi (2F)
- 27-Mar-15 163220 Bell TH-57B Pensacola, US-Florida
- 24-Mar-15 N43CM Bell 206B Taylors Island, US-Maryland
- 23-Mar-15 N1511L Bell 206B Lake Ray Hubbard, US-Texas
- 16-Mar-15 Bell TH-67A Tainan City, Taiwan (1 of 2)
- 16-Mar-15 Bell TH-67A Tainan City, Taiwan (2 of 2)
- 16-Mar-15 N1510L Bell 206B Dallas, US-Texas
- Able launches bearings service line for Bell 206/407
- 07-Mar-15 N206FW Bell 206B Fort Worth, US-Texas
- Tempest Aviation Group plans service expansion with Quantum MRO and Logistics Software
- PARIS TN: Hospital picks Vanderbilt for air ambulance
- 15-Feb-15 P2-HFZ Bell 206L4 Wabo, Papua New Guinea
- 13-Feb-15 N279AE Bell 206L-1 White House, US-Tennessee
- 12-Feb-15 Bell TH-57 Spencer Field, US-Florida
- 11-Feb-15 C-FBCW Bell 206 Sprout Mountain, Canada
- Mexico = Juárez gets new police helicopter
- Heli Charter provides JetRanger for new DHL courier service in London
- Kenya: Why remaining police helicopter won’t fly?