Visualization pioneer Barco will provide itsCD-2260 collimated display system for CAE USA, the prime contractor developing the flight simulators used to train the Navy's MH-60S/R Seahawk multi-mission helicopter pilots.
Barco's turnkey CD-2260 collimated display system is a comprehensive solution featuring a wide array of state-of-the-art components, including its industry-leading SIM 7 Liquid Crystal on Silicon (LCoS) projector, AutoAlign automatic alignment and XDS-RACU control systems, a back projection screen, and a proprietary 11-foot radius film mirror. The system will be used in the full motion version of a reconfigurable MH-60S/R Tactical Operational Flight Trainer (TOFT), which will be equipped with a six degree-of-freedom electrical motion system as well as motion seats.
The CD-2260 collimated display system combines Barco's expertise in projection, motion compatible mechanical structures, screens, and automatic alignment to form one comprehensive solution from a single manufacturer. Barco's SIM 7 projector provides ultra-high Quad eXtended Graphics Array (QXGA) (1536x2048) resolution and is the brightest of its kind on the market. Specially developed to meet the real-world demands of commercial and military flight training, it is optimized for multi-channel visualization and provides high contrast, unmatched dynamic range, seamless image blending, and robust smear reduction with a 220 degree by 60 degree vertical Field of View (FoV). AutoAlign features enable quick, precise and repeatable color calibration, brightness adjustment, edge blending, and geometry correction.
“We are honored that CAE has selected Barco's latest collimated display system and are confident that they will benefit greatly from the seamless integration, reliability and consistent quality typically experienced with a turnkey system from Barco,” commented Steve Leyland, senior vice president control rooms and simulation.
Barco, a global technology company, designs and develops visualization products for a variety of selected professional markets. Barco has its own facilities for Sales & Marketing, Customer Support, R&D and Manufacturing in Europe, North America and Asia Pacific. Barco (NYSE Euronext Brussels: BAR) is active in more than 90 countries with about 3,500 employees worldwide. Barco posted sales of 897 million euro in 2010.
- FLIR Systems wins $23M US Coast Guard order
- Sikorsky awarded $11M contract for one UH-60M for Thailand
- Turkey’s Aselsan secures Sikorsky helicopter subcontract
- Colorado National Guard to open new $39M training facility
- Prototype Engineering awarded $10M Black Hawk overhaul work
- 16-Apr-13 Sikorsky CH-53E Chelwon, Korea
- Donaldson delivers engine filters for US Army Black Hawks
- Breeze-Eastern secures $6M order for Advanced Rescue Hoists
- 01-Apr-13 FAC-4105 Sikorsky UH-60L Tabacal, Colombia
- Swedish Black Hawks head for Afghanistan
- 11-Mar-13 Sikorsky UH-60 Daman district, Afghanistan (5F)
- L-3 Aviation Products Selected for Sikorsky H-60 and S-70i
- 15-Mar-13 Sikorsky MH-60R Chula Vista, US-California
- 24-Feb-13 EJC-2154 Sikorsky UH-60L Vistahermosa, Colombia (4F)
- Cold spray system wins environmental technology award
- New research report issued on Sikorsky
- 16-Dec-12 Sikorsky UH-60 Winner, US-South Dakota
- 15-Dec-12 FAC-4130 Sikorsky UH-60L Providencia, Colombia
- Sikorsky awarded $282M H-60 weapon system contract
- 12-Dec-12 Sikorsky MH-60R North Island NAS, US-California