Bangladesh’s Rapid Action Battalion is to acquire a pair of new Bell 407s, providing airborne law enforcment capability for the first time in this Asian country.Â Commander M Sohail of the RAB has confirmed that the police authorities signed a contract with Bell Helicopter Asia on June 23rd 2011.Â The deal, valued at 57 crore Bangladeshi Taka (US$7.37M) includes the training of eight personnel by Bell in Singapore.
The Bangladeshi Air Force will be in charge of the operation, maintenance and safety of the new helicotpers, which are expected to be delivered 12 months from now in December 2012 after role equipment has been fitted and the pilots trained.
The Rapid Action Battalion has been remarkably patient for these helicopters.Â A proposal for helicopters was first filed with the government in 2005, the year after the RAB was founded.Â In the 2007-2008 fiscal year, RAB was allocated a budget for helicopters, but delays due eto budget deficits and/or bureaucratic wrangles has delayed the contract until this year.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Montana – ALERT program raising money for new helicopter
- 05-Nov-17 N522RL Bell 407 Rig MP281, US-Gulf of Mexico
- Bell promotes 407 in African market
- SAFE Structure designs maintenance stands for Halo Flight
- FAA approves B206 and B407 sim from Ryan-Precision JV
- Bell 407 operator LJ Aviation renews ACSF registration
- Sonoma County Sheriff gets sign off for new Bell 407GXP
- New Bell representative for UK and Ireland
- 18-May-17 N6040Y Bell 407 Fort Worth, US-Texas
- 13-May-17 Bell 407 Mosul, Iraq
- FAA certifies Onboard Systems B407 Cargo Hook Kits
- Kalispell Regional Medical Center to Replace Bell 407
- 02-May-17 N457PH Bell 407 Grand Bay, US-Gulf of Mexico
- PhilJets Confirms Addition of Airbus H130, H145, and Bell 407 Helicopters in Its Fleet
- Concorde High Capacity RG-427 Now Available for Bell 407 and Bell 427
- Westwind selects L3’s Lynx NGT-9000 for the ADS-B Solution
- PJ Helicopters is 1st to Fly Dry Media IBF
- Able Delivers 100th Flight Deck Upgrade for Air Evac Lifeteam
- VIH Aerospace Launches Bell 407 Lease Program
- Air Evac Adds Seven Frasca Bell 206/407 Advanced Aviation Training Devices