In the city of Puerto Varas has been installed an emergency helicopter operations center for southern Chile. At the base, a Bell 212 helicopter will operate, equipped with a mobile ICU and medical equipment for the patient to receive the first care, stabilization in the accident site and care during transport to hospital.
"The use of helicopters to evacuate critically ill patients is crucial and can make the difference between life and death. The golden hour, that is the first minutes after an accident is when the patient should be treated by trained medical personnel so they can qualify for a more rapid recovery, minimizing the potential consequences and even death", said the Managing Director of INAER Chile, Rodrigo Lizasoain.
The area is one of the most complex of the Chilean territory in terms of its geographical conditions, highlighted by its difficult access areas like Palena, Futaleufu and Chaiten and the islands of Chiloe in the south, to which this modern aeromedical emergency services can access without complications. During the summer season increases considerably the number of traffic accidents in the area of ??the southern lakes, places where the helicopter can quickly access, making it the most efficient means to attend a medical emergency.
- Tanzania Approves Starlite’s Air Service Licence
- Dart announces skidtube step for medium Bells
- 12-May-13 C-GAHZ Bell 212 Dewar Lakes, Canada
- Van Horn to develop composite tail blades for Bell 212/412
- BLR sells 600th FastFin System
- FlightSafety now offers B212/412/430 training in Dallas
- Cadorath announces 178 new Bell extended repairs
- 24-Jan-13 Agusta-Bell 212 Praia, Italy
- Sikorsky Helitech partners with Euravia to support P&WC PT6T engines in Australasia
- PCS Aerospace to oversee upgrade of six Congolese Bell 212s
- 06-Oct-12 OB-1845-P Bell 212 Kiteni, Peru
- Simplex STC allows fire helicopter to transport passengers
- 15-Sep-12 C-GZNF Bell 212 Batman, Turkey
- Brazil certifies BLR Aerospace’s FastFin on B204, 205 and 212
- 20-Jul-12 Bell 212 Ulu Belait, Brunei (12F)
- Cadorath Aerospace develops 15 new Bell repairs April 2012
- Colombian Air Force Bell 212 accident kills 13
- 30-Apr-12 FAC-4020 Bell 212 Sabanagrande, Colombia (13F)
- EASA approves BLR FastFin system for Bell 212s
- Canada’s TSB highlights helmets again in Bell 212 accident report