AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce that the first two AW139 OGP Safety Advisors Training Programmes for the oil & gas safety advisors community in September and November 2011 have been hailed a success by those attending. This initiative, launched early this year, complements the oil & gas seminars that have been organised by AgustaWestland in recent years and highlights AgustaWestland’s commitment to assisting the OGP industry to continually enhance safety, operational effectiveness and efficiency. Representatives from a number of major International and National Oil & Gas Companies, attended the courses at AgustaWestland’s “Alessandro Marchetti” Training Academy in Sesto Calende, Italy.
John Ponsonby, Senior Vice President Training, AgustaWestland said “We are proud that the first two dedicated training programmes have been well received by the attending delegates. This proved to be a great opportunity for AgustaWestland to present its approach to the oil & gas market and importantly to receive valuable feedback. We are committed to continuing this programme for the benefit of all parties.”
The three day intensive programme provided detailed briefings on the AW139 airframe, avionics system, supporting systems & new technologies. It also covered AgustaWestland’s approach to flight safety in meeting both the regulatory requirements and the operational needs of the operators. Additionally delegates were briefed on AgustaWestland’s 24/7 Fleet Operations Centre and its customer support philosophy for the worldwide oil and gas fleet. AgustaWestland will present two OGP Safety Advisors Training Programmes per year, one in the Spring and a second in the Autumn.
The AW139 has set new standards in the offshore market in the medium twin class thanks to its outstanding performance, cabin space and payload, modern technology, high safety levels, ease of maintenance and competitive operating costs. Almost 590 AW139 helicopters have been sold to nearly 160 customers in more than 50 countries worldwide with over one third of all sales made in the oil & gas market. Over 450 AW139s are in operation worldwide today having flown over 400,000 hours.
- HeliRussia – Exclases signs for five AW139s
- RBC makes C$500K donation to STARS
- Neighbours complain at temporary EMS helipad
- Sky Shuttle Helicopters’ First All-Female Crew
- Ornge Sells Two Surplus AW139s
- Former Ornge directors say they didn’t know about CEO’s extra fees
- UK – Dyson adds second AW139 to corporate fleet
- Dart launches lightweight interior ceiling panels for AW139
- UTair becomes first Russian AW139 operator
- RSG Delivers Universal Gimbal Mount Design for AW139
- Japanese STC for AW139 firefighting belly tank system
- Weststar signs for six AW139 and two AW189 at LIMA 2013
- Ornge investigation may take another year, says OPP
- New AW139 Simulator Obtains ENAC Certification to Level D
- Spectro are approved suppliers for debris and oil analysis services for AW139 operators
- New Ontario hospital helipad to improve patient care
- Honeywell receives FAA STC for AW139 Zing HUMS
- Saudi Medevac to Be Equipped with AW139
- Waypoint Leasing signs for GrandNew, AW139, AW169 and AW189
- Japan National Police orders two more AW139s