Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. company (NYSE: TXT), announced today it has delivered the first Bell 429 with a multi-mission configuration to Fairfax County, Virginia.
This is the first of two Bell 429s being delivered to Fairfax County. Their second Bell 429 is expected to deliver in the second quarter of 2012.
This multi-role Bell 429 is capable of completing missions for airborne law enforcement, helicopter emergency medical services and search and rescue. This one-of-a-kind, multi-mission configuration was completed at Paradigm Aerospace Corporation, a Bell Helicopter Customer Service Facility, located in Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania.
“The Bell 429 has exactly what we were looking for when we searched the market for a true multi-mission helicopter. Its spacious cabin allowed us to be creative in our design,” said Paul Schaaf, Chief Pilot for the Fairfax County Police Department.
“We are very pleased with our new Bell 429 and know it will serve us well in the coming years,” Schaaf said.
“The Bell 429 was designed for this type of multi-role capability,” said Larry Roberts, senior vice president for Bell Helicopter’s Commercial Business.
“Our customers like the speed, power and the advanced flight deck technology found in the Bell 429. Along with the largest cabin in its class, it offers a smooth, comfortable ride. It is reliable, conforming to the latest airworthiness standards, and is backed by Bell Helicopter’s award-winning and industry-leading customer service and support,” Roberts said.
The Bell 429 is the world’s newest and most advanced light twin-engine helicopter. It has conducted extensive flight demonstrations in every continent, except Antarctica, and has been certified in more than 40 countries. With configuration options ranging from VIP to air-medical, law enforcement, utility and oil & gas, the Bell 429 offers superior mission capability and adaptability.
- EBACE – Bell showcases 429
- HeliRussia – Transas Aviation to provide locally-made GPS for Bell 407, 429
- HeliRussia – Bell expands in Russia
- Astronics Max-Viz 1500 Approved For New and Retrofit Bell 429s
- Bell showcases versatile aircraft at AeroExpo 2013
- Aeronautical Accessories launches Bell 429 skid shoes
- Delaware State Police contract for two Bell 429s
- Indonesia approves heavier Bell 429
- Retractable gear Bell 429 – First pictures
- Tanis announces preheat system for Bell 429
- Bell appoints new Russian Sales Representative
- Bell 429 Cargo Basket available through Aeronautical Accessories
- Aeronautical Accessories exclusively distributes Tanis preheat system for Bell 429
- Israel Certifies Bell 429
- Bell at Heli-Expo – Relentlessly focused on its customers
- Bell confirms HeliHub.com stories on Nigerian 429s
- Nigeria validates higher weight Bell 429
- RSG completes Bell 429s for European and Latin American customers
- Bell civil helicopter sales up 50% in 2012
- First EMS Bell 429 arrives in Nigeria for NEMA