“The Yorkshire Air Ambulance (YAA) can confirm that they will be relocating one of their air ambulances in the North area of Yorkshire to RAF Topcliffe.
RAF Topcliffe offers the YAA an established airfield and infrastructure in North Yorkshire, providing a stable and long term future for one of their air ambulances and crew members.
Since starting to operate full-time from a satellite base in North Yorkshire in February 2011, the YAA have seen a significant number of incidents being attended, resulting in increased activity across this area.
Peter Sunderland, Chairman of the YAA comments “Previously the YAA had operated from a satellite base at Bagby Airfield, however the situation surrounding the Airfield has since changed and the RAF offered us with a unique opportunity to develop a long term airbase with excellent facilities in North Yorkshire. We are very much looking forward to our move to the base in the New Year, and would like to extend our thanks to the Commanding Officers and staff of RAF Linton-on-Ouse and 4 Regiment Royal Artillery , and look forward to continuing to provide a platinum air ambulance service across the region.”
Facilities at RAF Topcliffe for the YAA will include new operational office facilities, a hangar to house and maintain the air ambulance, and also dedicated accommodation for aircrew.
Group Captain Terry Jones also added: “We are delighted to welcome the Yorkshire Air Ambulance to RAF Topcliffe. After all the hard work to plan their safe integration and prepare the infrastructure, it will be wonderful to see the helicopter in action”
The Yorkshire Air Ambulance’s continue to provide a state-of-the-art rapid response helicopter emergency medical service across the region every day of every year operating from their bases at Leeds Bradford International Airport and RAF Topcliffe”
- FirstGroup pledges £100K to London’s Air Ambulance
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance MD902 AOG for 7 months
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance paramedics help design revolutionary kit bags
- London’s Air Ambulance – new offices are rent-free
- London Air Ambulance founder Alastair Wilson retires
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance paramedics get approval to use powerful painkiller
- London’s Air Ambulance to use 4G to enhance service
- London’s Air Ambulance moves charity office
- London’s Air Ambulance partners with International SOS
- London’s Air Ambulance in TV series starting Thursday
- London’s Air Ambulance Turns To City For Funding
- Cornwall Air Ambulance switches operator away from Bond
- MD announces Next Generation of Technology Advancements for Explorer
- FAA approves MD902 gross weight increase to 6,770 pounds
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance praised by top children¹s doctor
- Airexcell Sells first MD902 Into Canada to Ascent Helicopters
- Qatar – Hamad Medical to buy three larger EMS helicopters
- Exclusive – London’s Air Ambulance new livery
- London’s Air Ambulance to move base
- Big Interview: New CEO at London’s Air Ambulance