Three months ago, HeliHub.com recorded in this article that Eurocopter had produced just four Hermes edition EC135s, and sold three of them. In this latest press release reproduced below, it is now known that Eurocopter have sold the fourth one, which had been imported into the UK "on spec" in early September 2009, just prior to the Helitech show of that year.
Capital Air Services Ltd. yesterday received a Eurocopter EC135 “l’HÃ©licoptÃ¨re par HermÃ¨s” – providing this U.K.-based European corporate helicopter charter specialist with a high-end helicopter for customers seeking excellence and optimum comfort.
Delivery of the customized rotary-wing aircraft took place at Capital Air Servicesâ€Ÿ London Oxford Airport operating base.
“We are delighted to receive this very prestigious â€žHermÃ¨sâ€Ÿ helicopter, which will be the fifth EC135 to join our fleet,” said Michael Hampton, the Managing Director of Capital Air Services. “We are sure that the immaculate presentation and elegance of this particular aircraft will be very popular with our clients, which – when combined with its proven reliability and speed – will make a very appealing and cost effective aircraft.”
The EC135 “lâ€ŸHÃ©licoptÃ¨re par HermÃ¨s” redefines the art of travelling and is the result of joint vision from the House of HermÃ¨s and Eurocopter, two market leaders in totally different business fields. It combines the excellence of Eurocopterâ€Ÿs twin-engine EC135 with the savoir-faire of HermÃ¨s, which has accompanied discerning travellers for more than 170 years. Striving for perfection, more than 150 design changes of the interior and the exterior of the helicopter make it a unique flying experience embedded in HermÃ¨sâ€Ÿ distinctive design signature.
“Today, a new jewel has joined the UKâ€Ÿs illustrious Private and Business Aviation helicopter fleet, the biggest of its kind in Europe. It highlights Eurocopterâ€Ÿs leadership in this market segment and our devotion and skill to create bespoke solutions” explained Markus Steinke, Managing Director of the Eurocopter UK Ltd. affiliate. “It also marks another important step in Eurocopterâ€Ÿs relationship with Capital Air Services as we provide not only unique helicopters for the companyâ€Ÿs most discerning customers, but also state-of the art maintenance, hangarage and technical services.”
The EC135 “lâ€ŸHÃ©licoptÃ¨re par HermÃ¨s” joins a Capital Air Services fleet that also includes Eurocopterâ€Ÿs EC155 B1, EC135 and AS355.
- Swiss air ambulances at war – Rega v TCS
- CALSTAR appoints new Chief Pilot
- Seventeen EC135s for Turkish EMS contract
- Rescued pilot funds Midlands Air Ambulance education centre
- 06-May-13 N911SV Eurocopter EC135 Billings, US-Montana
- EAAA Passes CQC Inspection with Flying Colours
- UK – First test flight for EMS helipad on Isle of Wight
- West Midlands Police helicopter catches more than 500 suspects in a year
- 25-Apr-13 HU26-18 Eurocopter EC135P2+ Los Galayos, Spain
- ASU Completes 700th FAA Approved NVIS Modification
- Eurocopter Japan delivers EC135T2 to Shizuoka Air Commuter
- Eurocopter to offer Sandel avionics on EC135
- Metro Aviation delivers new EC135 to CALSTAR
- 12-Apr-13 G-HBOB Eurocopter EC135T2+ Sunningdale, UK
- AeroSimulators to support Bond and INAER simulators
- Wales Air Ambulance makes historic first night flight
- Unity4 brings fundraising capability to Wales Air Ambulance
- Bond extends contract with North West Air Ambulance by 7 years
- Cornwall Air Ambulance switches operator away from Bond
- Air Methods to Utilize FlightSafety’s Eurocopter EC135 Simulator