The team at HeliHub.com would like to wish all our readers a very Happy Christmas and a financially secure 2012. This is the time of the year we celebrate the birth of Jesus, and we trust many of our readers will take time to consider what that means to the world, perhaps through attending a church service, rather than just stuffing their faces with food and alcohol!
We are sure that our news and accident data coverage through 2011 has been well received, and our increase in page views is testament to this – and we will work hard to continue this through 2012 and beyond.Â We already provide more helicopter industry news stories through out site than any other website (typically 18-25 per day), noting that at least two sites which previously provided many stories are now regularly down in to single figures each day, one of them usually at 5 or below.Â Time to make HeliHub.com your sole source of news!
We particularly think of those in the military who are still “in theatre” through this time of the year and away from their families.Â They do a great job, and will no doubt be sorely missed back at home.Â We salute you.
In past years we have stopped filing news stories altogether through the Christmas and New Year season, but this will not be the case this time.Â There are just too many stories out there for us to report, and life does not stand still.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010.
- Aselsan Looks to Upgrade 10,000 Mi-series Helicopters
- OSF Relocates Life Flight Helicopter
- Bell Presents V-280 Valor Prototype
- Airbus and Nepalese operators mark 50,000 flight hours of the H125
- BAE Systems and Leonardo DRS Join Forces
- Onboard Systems MD500 Cargo Hook Kits Receive FAA Certification
- Helijet Renews Resort Fishing Lodge Service Contracts to 2019
- Another Bell 407GXP joins the Med-Trans Mission
- Falcon Aviation inaugurates VIP Heliport at Dubai South
- Big Changes for New Zealand Rescue Helicopter Services
- CH-53K Cost Rises 6.9% to $138.5 Million per Helicopter
- Tata Steel Ltd. Adds Second Bell 429 to Fleet
- Meghna Aviation to Become First Operator of Bell 429 in Bangladesh
- Bell Helicopter Delivers Two Bell 429s to PT. Carpediem Mandiri
- USHST Finalizes Reorganization of Safety Work Groups
- Q1 Blue Book Pricing Updates
- Bristow announces Apache contract award
- Air Evac Looks to Expansion
- Russian Helicopters Signs Pakistani Contract
- Sikorsky Recognizes Brunei Shell Petroleum for 50 Years of Continuous Service