With evident rising significance of the Nepalese Tourism Industry in the year 2011, we expect higher arrivals in 2012. Increasing visits and activities shall increase demand of helicopter operations in the Mountaineering seasons of 2012. High performance helicopters have always been an asset of safety assurance and thereby promotion of mountaineering in Nepal. Fishtail Air therefore plans to expand its fleet of helicopters by March 2012.
A delegation from Fishtail Air led by Chairman, Bikash JB Rana is on a visit to Europe specifically Switzerland, Italy and France learning and exploring different opportunities. Inspection of various aircrafts including AS350 B3 and B2 is being carried out and they shall continue doing so until their return to Kathmandu. A part of this pursuit included a team visit to the factory of Augusta Westland in Costa di Samarate, Italy on the 13th of December. Vice President Sales, Mr. Umberto Fonteneila, in his sales briefing recommended us the ‘AW 119 Koala helicopter’ as an alternative to already existent in operation in the Himalayas of Nepal; different series of ‘Eurocopter’ and ‘Bell’ helicopters. This was followed by a test flight on the ‘Koala’ the day after at Samedan of Switzerland where all three delegates were present. The company presentation was knowledgeable as we discover that they are working to review their traditional chart on the altitude limits which could allow the ‘Koala’ to fly in higher altitudes. This could enable extra consumer benefits namely in terms of Power, Speed, Space and Passenger occupancy for adventure activities at high altitudes. Augusta Westland has shown much interest in Fishtail Air to test the ‘Koala’ in The Great Himalayas of Nepal and have hence put forward a proposal of co-operation with us.
Our team of delegation includes CEO, Mr. Suman Pandey and Operations Director, Captain Ashish Sherchan.
- Heli USA Airways files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
- TriState CareFlight Reaches Fleet Milestone of 60,000 Hours
- Uniflight appointed AgustaWestland Service Center
- Life Flight Network Signs Firm Orders for Three AW119Kx
- AgustaWestland delivers tenth AW119Kx to Life Flight Network
- 14-Sep-13 AgustaWestland AW119 Selco Staritskogo, Russia (2F)
- Life Flight Network introduces AW119Kx at two Oregon bases
- AgustaWestland showcases corporate range at LABACE 2013
- L-3 Trilogy™ ESI Selected by AgustaWestland for AW119
- Tanis Aircraft Products adds AW119 STC for Preheat System
- Life Link III signs for six AW119Kx plus six options
- Kestrel Aviation Orders Two More AgustaWestland AW119Ke
- AgustaWestland launches Paris Airshow App 2013 and Official Twitter Account
- Chartright appointed AW Authorized Service Center
- EASA approves Dart Cable Cutters Kit for AW119
- Brazil approves Dart’s AW119 cable cutters
- 19-Oct-12 N207CF AgustaWestland AW119 Dolan Springs, US-Arizona
- Aviasur opens new AW Service Centre in Santiago, Chile
- EASA approves Dart Round-I-Beam™ Skidtubes on AW119
- 19-Jul-12 N911LS AgustaWestland AW119Ke Junction City, US-Kansas