With evident rising significance of the Nepalese Tourism Industry in the year 2011, we expect higher arrivals in 2012. Increasing visits and activities shall increase demand of helicopter operations in the Mountaineering seasons of 2012. High performance helicopters have always been an asset of safety assurance and thereby promotion of mountaineering in Nepal. Fishtail Air therefore plans to expand its fleet of helicopters by March 2012.
A delegation from Fishtail Air led by Chairman, Bikash JB Rana is on a visit to Europe specifically Switzerland, Italy and France learning and exploring different opportunities. Inspection of various aircrafts including AS350 B3 and B2 is being carried out and they shall continue doing so until their return to Kathmandu. A part of this pursuit included a team visit to the factory of Augusta Westland in Costa di Samarate, Italy on the 13th of December. Vice President Sales, Mr. Umberto Fonteneila, in his sales briefing recommended us the â€˜AW 119 Koala helicopterâ€™ as an alternative to already existent in operation in the Himalayas of Nepal; different series of â€˜Eurocopterâ€™ and â€˜Bellâ€™ helicopters. This was followed by a test flight on the â€˜Koalaâ€™ the day after at Samedan of Switzerland where all three delegates were present. The company presentation was knowledgeable as we discover that they are working to review their traditional chart on the altitude limits which could allow the â€˜Koalaâ€™ to fly in higher altitudes. This could enable extra consumer benefits namely in terms of Power, Speed, Space and Passenger occupancy for adventure activities at high altitudes. Augusta Westland has shown much interest in Fishtail Air to test the â€˜Koalaâ€™ in The Great Himalayas of Nepal and have hence put forward a proposal of co-operation with us.
Our team of delegation includes CEO, Mr. Suman Pandey and Operations Director, Captain Ashish Sherchan.
Fishtail Air considers AW119 purchase
- Brazilian State of Rio Grande do Sul accepts second AW119Kx
- AgustaWestland, Bristow, Doss Aviation And Rockwell Collins propose AW119Kx for US military training
- Malaysia – Weststar orders three AW helicopters
- Basarnas Indonesia signs for an SAR AW139
- MIT Group to Operate Six AW119Kx EMS Helicopters in China
- Life Flight Network orders 11 more AgustaWestland Helicopters
- Spectrum Aeromed completes First of Four AW109/119 installations for TriState CareFlight
- 20-Feb-15 N802SM AgustaWestland AW119Ke Houma, US-Louisiana
- Transmission Test Stand Capabilities Introduced at AgustaWestland Philadelphia
- Oregon – Life Flight Network to base a 24×7 AW119Kx in Astoria
- 08-Feb-15 I-AWCD AgustaWestland AW119 Valgriesenche, Italy
- Carabineros de Chile Order an AW139
- Chinese Private Operator Orders an AW119Kx Helicopter
- Summit Air Ambulance Takes Delivery of Its First AW119Kx
- 07-Oct-14 N603CF AgustaWestland AW119 Chiriaco Summit, US-California
- 13-Sep-14 EC-KSD AgustaWestland AW119 Alpera, Spain (1F)
- Turkey – HeliStar to operate three AW119Ke
- Life Link III accepts sixth AW119Kx
- Life Flight Network to open Idaho base at Coeur d’Alene
- AgustaWestland joins Finmeccanica North America at Quad-A