On 17th December, the DRF base at Dresden - known in Germany as "Christoph 38" - flew its 1,500th mission.
The particular incident was a road accident were a 46-year old female driver sustained serious pelvic and leg injuries after her car left an icy road and hit a tree. Onsite assessment by local paramedics quickly identified the need to fly the patient to a trauma centre, with the patient's injuries potentially fatal and the freezing conditions adding hypothermia to the scenario.
Pilot Mario WÃ¼stner flew the helicopter 80km to the accident scene and transported her back to the University Hospital of Dresden, achieving the milestone mission.
The driver's 18-year old daughter suffered minor injuries and was transported by ground ambulance to a local hospital.
Jeremy Parkin - HeliHub.com
- R66 lands at North Pole
- Nine new customers in China for Enstrom
- Eurocopter to supply EC225 and AS350B3e to China’s State Grid General Aviation Company
- CAE upgrades visuals on Royal Navy Lynx Mk8 full-mission simulator
- Keystone Med-Flight Announces New VP of Operations
- Fourth corporate AW139 sold into UK market
- REACH adds sixth EC135
- Enstrom breaks ground on production plant expansion
- Bell promotes innovation at AHS Forum 69
- HAI at AHS Forum 69
- Court rejects helicopter haze injunction
- Rivalry develops in air ambulance service
- Castleberry Instruments & Avionics Relocates for Growth
- Keystone Turbine Services Honeywell-approved for P&WC PT6 Series Accessory Support
- EBACE – Heli Asset places first Eurocopter EC155B1 into Switzerland
- EBACE – Corporate EC175 features dimmable windows and cabin partitions
- EBACE – JSSI reaches 10,000th Asset Milestone
- EBACE – Eurocopter launches EC175 with VIP/executive interior
- NZ heliski firm fined $6,000
- Vector Aerospace showcases GEMS engine management program at EBACE