French company Sky Group has added a fourth AgustaWestland AW109SP Grand New to their fleet - something unheard of in France where patriotism to the local Eurocopter brand is usually very high indeed. While subsidiary Skycam Helicopters does also fly Eurocopter aircraft, their AW109 fleet does set them apart in France.
Serial number 22242, registered F-HOLY and leased from FCL, this factory-new aircraft will join the Skycam fleet, adding to the two they already fly, registered F-HIDE and F-GSMS. The group also has a fourth Grand New operated from Monte Carlo Heliport by Monacair as 3A-MDF (see HeliHub.com story).
Monacair and Skycam Helicopters are both part of Sky Group, owned by Gilbert Schweitzer. The group also includes SkyAzur who are based at Archamps.
Jeremy Parkin - HeliHub.com
- Mauritanian Air Force Orders Two AW109 Powers
- GrandNew Full Flight Simulator to Rega and fully Swiss-certified
- Nirma Group Takes Delivery of a Second GrandNew
- AgustaWestland launches Paris Airshow App 2013 and Official Twitter Account
- 05-Jun-13 N103H AgustaWestland AW109E Lewes, US-Delaware
- UK – TAAS paramedics given go ahead to use advanced medication
- Donaldson Protects HNZ’s AW109SP Fleet
- UK – Castle Air opens new base at Biggin Hill
- HeliRussia – Exclases Holdings signs for a GrandNew
- Royal Air Force VIP flight reduced to one AW109E
- Mexico orders six GrandNew for Presidential flight
- AgustaWestland to Exhibit at EHS
- Australia – Linfox receives sixth new AgustaWestland helicopter in 13 years
- Summit Air Ambulance rolling after successful first year
- 29-Mar-13 AgustaWestland A109LUH Kruger, South Africa (5F)
- UK – Hayward & Green launch A109 component support programme
- Helidecks releases cockpit guide/checklist iPad apps for AW109 and R44
- Helicopter crash – central London UK
- 16-Jan-13 G-CRST AgustaWestland AW109E Vauxhall, UK (2F)
- 15-Dec-12 07 AgustaWestland AW109E Okoroba, Nigeria (6F)