In a press release back in October 2009, the Hong Kong proudly announced “Sky Shuttleâ€™s fleet conversion programme to progressively phase-out its Sikorsky S-76C+ helicopters and bring into commercial service, the first of its six, brand new, high-performance AW 139 helicopters”.
But now, local press are reporting they have changed their mind and have sold the AW139 fleet to Canadian company Eagle Copters and are reportedly returning to the Sikorsky S76 as their prime aircraft.Â The three 76C+’s that the company had were sold to Canada, but never appeared on the register there – perhaps they are still available?
Sky Shuttle was formed in 1998 as East Asia Airlines, rebranding in 2008 with the first AW139 arriving late that year.Â In July 2010 one of the AW139 fleet suffered a tail rotor issue which led to a controlled ditching of the aircraft in Hong Kong harbour, with the 2 crew and 10 passengers all safely rescued.
HeliHub.com contacted Sky Shuttle for comment on this story, and were told that someone would call us back to provide further information.Â No call was received prior to the time we told them we would publish this story.
The company is owned by Chan Un Chan, the thir
- Australian EMS operator renames – CareFlight becomes LifeFlight
- Leonardo celebrates delivery of 50th AW139 to Japan
- Second AW139 arrives for Croatian Police
- Waypoint places two new S-92s
- Bristow launches SAR AW139 in Nigeria
- Leonardo JV in Russia adjusted as Rosneft confirms order for another 20 AW189s
- Bell demonstrates 412EPI to Nepalese Army
- FAA certifies Vector ADS-B solution for AS332, AW139 and S76
- Able Aerospace Services joins Leonardo Helicopters service network
- HNZ reports on new offshore AW139 contract in New Zealand
- Shell Philippines extends HNZ AW139 contract by five years
- Honeywell signs up Australian Helicopters, Toll Group and SFS Aviation
- Leonardo adds AW169 and AW189 to Kaan Air distributor agreement in Turkey
- Leonardo exhibiting at Seafuture & Maritime Technologies event
- Pakistan picks AW139 for SAR
- Era marks 1000 SAR missions on Gulf of Mexico since 2010
- STARS Lottery Saskatchewan celebrates fifth anniversary
- LCI delivers first of four AW139 to Westpac in Australia
- CHC to cut fleet by 90 by mid July
- AgustaWestland sold $1.3 Billion worth of helicopters to Algeria