In a press release back in October 2009, the Hong Kong proudly announced “Sky Shuttleâ€™s fleet conversion programme to progressively phase-out its Sikorsky S-76C+ helicopters and bring into commercial service, the first of its six, brand new, high-performance AW 139 helicopters”.
But now, local press are reporting they have changed their mind and have sold the AW139 fleet to Canadian company Eagle Copters and are reportedly returning to the Sikorsky S76 as their prime aircraft.Â The three 76C+’s that the company had were sold to Canada, but never appeared on the register there – perhaps they are still available?
Sky Shuttle was formed in 1998 as East Asia Airlines, rebranding in 2008 with the first AW139 arriving late that year.Â In July 2010 one of the AW139 fleet suffered a tail rotor issue which led to a controlled ditching of the aircraft in Hong Kong harbour, with the 2 crew and 10 passengers all safely rescued.
HeliHub.com contacted Sky Shuttle for comment on this story, and were told that someone would call us back to provide further information.Â No call was received prior to the time we told them we would publish this story.
The company is owned by Chan Un Chan, the thir
- Guardia Costiera receives last of six new AW139s
- Heli-One Completes First AW139 Exhaust Duct Repair in Poland
- First AW139 arrives for Croatian Police
- Top 10 stories on HeliHub.com in 2015
- Ornge pilots testing NVGs
- Two AW139s inducted into Bangladesh Air Force
- RA Aviation announces AW189 and AW139 Maintenance Docking Systems
- First of two AW139s for Atlantic Airways now in flight test
- STARS and NJ State Police sign long-term AW139 training contracts
- RACQ Careflight completes first AW139 mission
- AW139 operators help Honeywell launch high-speed broadband for helicopters
- Dubai Air Wing celebrates 20 years with AW
- Gulf Helicopters sets new milestones with AW139 and AW189 fleets
- Three North Sea energy firms collaborate on AW139 contract
- Bristow starts first contract in South Korea with AW139
- Batch of AgustaWestland related domain names for sale
- Honeywell wins avionics support deal for Weststar AW139 fleet
- CAE-Lider JV to expand with AW139 full flight simulator
- Bristow holds official launch ceremony for St Athan SAR base
- CAE Lider JV to launch AW139 simulator in Brazil