In a press release back in October 2009, the Hong Kong proudly announced “Sky Shuttleâ€™s fleet conversion programme to progressively phase-out its Sikorsky S-76C+ helicopters and bring into commercial service, the first of its six, brand new, high-performance AW 139 helicopters”.
But now, local press are reporting they have changed their mind and have sold the AW139 fleet to Canadian company Eagle Copters and are reportedly returning to the Sikorsky S76 as their prime aircraft.Â The three 76C+’s that the company had were sold to Canada, but never appeared on the register there – perhaps they are still available?
Sky Shuttle was formed in 1998 as East Asia Airlines, rebranding in 2008 with the first AW139 arriving late that year.Â In July 2010 one of the AW139 fleet suffered a tail rotor issue which led to a controlled ditching of the aircraft in Hong Kong harbour, with the 2 crew and 10 passengers all safely rescued.
HeliHub.com contacted Sky Shuttle for comment on this story, and were told that someone would call us back to provide further information.Â No call was received prior to the time we told them we would publish this story.
The company is owned by Chan Un Chan, the thir
- AW189 delays mean Bristow will fly AW139 on UK Coastguard contract
- Kingwing Appointed AgustaWestland Authorized Service Centre
- Indonesian offshore operators sign for three AW139s
- Colombia – Helistar buys two offshore AW139s
- Waypoint Leasing acquires 31 CHC aircraft to surpass $1 Billion of assets
- MPP not surprised by committee’s report on Ornge
- Thales and CareFlight to deliver Australian civil aviation training first
- AgustaWestland prepare for 7,000kg gross weight AW139
- Elilombarda win Black Sea offshore contract with two AW139s
- Bel Air and Lufttransport sign new AgustaWestland Training Services Contracts
- LCI To Lease New AW139 To Heliservice
- AgustaWestland signs $506M deal with China for 50 helicopters
- LCI appoints Marketing VP in Singapore
- INAER wins two year AW139 offshore contract in Cyprus
- LCI adds to Helicopter Advisory Board
- VRR develops new AW139 cargo loading system
- Coptersafety AW139 Full Flight Simulator Ready For Training
- Gulf Helicopters’ AW139 fleet passes 50,000 hour milestone
- HeliVert signs MoU for another three AW139s
- New Russian service centre opens for AW139s