In a press release back in October 2009, the Hong Kong proudly announced "Sky Shuttle’s fleet conversion programme to progressively phase-out its Sikorsky S-76C+ helicopters and bring into commercial service, the first of its six, brand new, high-performance AW 139 helicopters".
But now, local press are reporting they have changed their mind and have sold the AW139 fleet to Canadian company Eagle Copters and are reportedly returning to the Sikorsky S76 as their prime aircraft. The three 76C+'s that the company had were sold to Canada, but never appeared on the register there - perhaps they are still available?
Sky Shuttle was formed in 1998 as East Asia Airlines, rebranding in 2008 with the first AW139 arriving late that year. In July 2010 one of the AW139 fleet suffered a tail rotor issue which led to a controlled ditching of the aircraft in Hong Kong harbour, with the 2 crew and 10 passengers all safely rescued.
HeliHub.com contacted Sky Shuttle for comment on this story, and were told that someone would call us back to provide further information. No call was received prior to the time we told them we would publish this story.
The company is owned by Chan Un Chan, the thir
- Maryland AW139s flew 136 community outreach missions in 2013
- AgustaWestland to Open Canadian Supply Centre
- Weststar Aviation starts operations in Morocco with two AW139s
- Trakka signs long term A800 agreement with AgustaWestland
- Milestone Aviation Group signs for five AW139s and three AW189s
- ASU Completes 800th FAA Approved NVIS Modification
- LCI signs for seven AW139s and another seven options
- Atlas Air Taxi to operate AW139s in Brazil
- Omni signs for four AW139s and five AW189s
- Honeywell Fleet Tracking System Certified For S-76, AW139, AS350
- LCI commits to 14 more AW139s and 4 more AW189s
- Japan – Tottori Prefecture orders firefighting AW139
- Japan – Yamagata Prefecture orders firefighting AW139
- AgustaWestland signs deals worth $357 Million
- Leonardo – the new Customer Portal for AgustaWestland operators
- Heli Expo Premiere For AgustaWestland Family
- Banff hospital on priority list for helipad upgrade
- Hamad Medical officially launches AW139 air ambulance fleet
- Travira Air to take delivery of two AW139s
- Atlantic Aviation commences AW139 flights for Shell Nigeria