In a press release back in October 2009, the Hong Kong proudly announced “Sky Shuttleâ€™s fleet conversion programme to progressively phase-out its Sikorsky S-76C+ helicopters and bring into commercial service, the first of its six, brand new, high-performance AW 139 helicopters”.
But now, local press are reporting they have changed their mind and have sold the AW139 fleet to Canadian company Eagle Copters and are reportedly returning to the Sikorsky S76 as their prime aircraft.Â The three 76C+’s that the company had were sold to Canada, but never appeared on the register there – perhaps they are still available?
Sky Shuttle was formed in 1998 as East Asia Airlines, rebranding in 2008 with the first AW139 arriving late that year.Â In July 2010 one of the AW139 fleet suffered a tail rotor issue which led to a controlled ditching of the aircraft in Hong Kong harbour, with the 2 crew and 10 passengers all safely rescued.
HeliHub.com contacted Sky Shuttle for comment on this story, and were told that someone would call us back to provide further information.Â No call was received prior to the time we told them we would publish this story.
The company is owned by Chan Un Chan, the thir
- Ornge considers replacing six-year-old AW139 fleet
- Bristow has busy first six months at Lydd SAR base
- LCI finalises $200M long-term debt facilities
- Heli-One Introduces Industry First Repair for AW139 Second Generation Exhaust Duct
- Waypoint to acquire 18 AgustaWestland helicopters
- Gulf Helicopters to expand and market MRO and Training Capabilities
- Royal Air Force bows out of UK SAR responsibility
- Bristow to import four more SAR S92s in place of AW189s
- Australia – NSW Ambulance to build $19M new base at Bankstown Airport
- Yunnan Provincial Police Orders an AW139
- Dubai prince plans four helipads at Scottish estate
- 26-Aug-15 I-COLK AgustaWestland AW139 Sassofortino, Italy
- AEM’s 900W Loud Speakers Installed & Certified on AW139
- Critics want Ontario government to pay air ambulance bills
- Bristow SAR base at Lydd goes fully live Friday 14th
- JSSI Introduces Tip-to-Tail Coverage for AW139
- Australian Helicopters reveals first AW139 for Ambulance Victoria
- Statoil terminates Everett/Bristow AW139 contract in Tanzania
- 20-Jul-15 VH-YHF AgustaWestland AW139 Litchfield National Park, Australia
- Kenya Police plan on AW139 purchase