In a press release back in October 2009, the Hong Kong proudly announced “Sky Shuttleâ€™s fleet conversion programme to progressively phase-out its Sikorsky S-76C+ helicopters and bring into commercial service, the first of its six, brand new, high-performance AW 139 helicopters”.
But now, local press are reporting they have changed their mind and have sold the AW139 fleet to Canadian company Eagle Copters and are reportedly returning to the Sikorsky S76 as their prime aircraft.Â The three 76C+’s that the company had were sold to Canada, but never appeared on the register there – perhaps they are still available?
Sky Shuttle was formed in 1998 as East Asia Airlines, rebranding in 2008 with the first AW139 arriving late that year.Â In July 2010 one of the AW139 fleet suffered a tail rotor issue which led to a controlled ditching of the aircraft in Hong Kong harbour, with the 2 crew and 10 passengers all safely rescued.
HeliHub.com contacted Sky Shuttle for comment on this story, and were told that someone would call us back to provide further information.Â No call was received prior to the time we told them we would publish this story.
The company is owned by Chan Un Chan, the thir
- DART AW139 retrofit Emergency Float System will be available to the after-market
- SAS to provide AW139 support
- Two corporate AW139s sold to UK customers
- Collaboration between CHC, Leonardo & SKYTRAC for Flight Safety Data Transfer
- 11 year North Sea windfarm contract placed for UK-based AW139 and AW169s
- Waypoint place their first lease into Columbia
- Mecaer delivers VIP AW139
- Bristow adds offshore AW189 in UK – impacts SAR fleet too
- Caverton Helicopters completes payment of $55m AW139 Loan from Shell
- 17 more Leonardo helicopters for China
- LCI orders nine helicopters from Leonardo
- Abu Dhabi Aviation expands into Nigeria
- New Penzance HP on hold while fixed-wing competitor launches judicial review
- CHC Brazil Opens New Hangar in Macaé
- Panama’s SENAN AW139 Fleet Reaches Milestone
- Waypoint places two AW139s with Heliconia in NW Africa
- AW139s Hit 5000 Hour Landmark for Panama
- Leonardo provides helicopter for the Prince of Wales’ Tour of Italy
- Waypoint Leasing and Eagle Annouce Repurposed AW139
- Leonardo Expands In The Philippines