In a press release back in October 2009, the Hong Kong proudly announced "Sky Shuttle’s fleet conversion programme to progressively phase-out its Sikorsky S-76C+ helicopters and bring into commercial service, the first of its six, brand new, high-performance AW 139 helicopters".
But now, local press are reporting they have changed their mind and have sold the AW139 fleet to Canadian company Eagle Copters and are reportedly returning to the Sikorsky S76 as their prime aircraft. The three 76C+'s that the company had were sold to Canada, but never appeared on the register there - perhaps they are still available?
Sky Shuttle was formed in 1998 as East Asia Airlines, rebranding in 2008 with the first AW139 arriving late that year. In July 2010 one of the AW139 fleet suffered a tail rotor issue which led to a controlled ditching of the aircraft in Hong Kong harbour, with the 2 crew and 10 passengers all safely rescued.
HeliHub.com contacted Sky Shuttle for comment on this story, and were told that someone would call us back to provide further information. No call was received prior to the time we told them we would publish this story.
The company is owned by Chan Un Chan, the thir
- Armed Forces of Malta celebrate delivery of first AW139
- Maryland State Police Takes Delivery of 10th AW139
- Heliconia Aero Solutions Takes Delivery Of Two AW139s
- AgustaWestland sells another corporate AW139 in North America
- STARS offers time, hope and life-saving transport to critically ill and injured patients.
- Weststar accepts first AW189; Passes 50,000 hours on AW139 fleet
- Yokohama City Fire Dept orders second AW139
- AW139 fleet passes 1,000,000 flight hours milestone
- Bangladesh Air Force orders two SAR AW139s
- AgustaWestland Sells Another AW139 VIP in UK
- Australian Helicopters signs for six AW139s on EMS mission
- LCI places AW139 with Indwe Aviation in South Africa
- Armed Forces of Malta take delivery of first new helicopter
- Ducommun expands AW139 wiring harness contract
- Precision to distribute new Safran Power AW139 Replacement Starter Generator
- CAE signs agreement with Caverton Helicopters for AW139 training centre in Nigeria
- Italian eyewear company Luxottica buys AW139
- 31-May-14 AgustaWestland AW139 Balsam Lake, Canada
- Turkey – Kaan Air orders VIP-configured AW139 and AW189
- Australian Helicopters wins 10 year EMS contract with five AW139s