In a press release back in October 2009, the Hong Kong proudly announced “Sky Shuttleâ€™s fleet conversion programme to progressively phase-out its Sikorsky S-76C+ helicopters and bring into commercial service, the first of its six, brand new, high-performance AW 139 helicopters”.
But now, local press are reporting they have changed their mind and have sold the AW139 fleet to Canadian company Eagle Copters and are reportedly returning to the Sikorsky S76 as their prime aircraft.Â The three 76C+’s that the company had were sold to Canada, but never appeared on the register there – perhaps they are still available?
Sky Shuttle was formed in 1998 as East Asia Airlines, rebranding in 2008 with the first AW139 arriving late that year.Â In July 2010 one of the AW139 fleet suffered a tail rotor issue which led to a controlled ditching of the aircraft in Hong Kong harbour, with the 2 crew and 10 passengers all safely rescued.
HeliHub.com contacted Sky Shuttle for comment on this story, and were told that someone would call us back to provide further information.Â No call was received prior to the time we told them we would publish this story.
The company is owned by Chan Un Chan, the thir
Sky Shuttle sells AW139 fleet
- Era Helicopters expands in Gulf of Mexico
- Bristow builds on a strong heritage for a brighter future in Europe
- New Generation AW169 Full Scale Production Underway
- India – Pawan Hans to start AW139 operations
- AW189 production line to be set up in Russia
- Carabineros de Chile Order an AW139
- After three S76s, billionaire takes delivery of AW139
- New South Wales splits EMS cover into two contracts
- Court puts halt to Sindh AW139 acquisition
- Armed Forces of Malta takes delivery of second AW139
- Waypoint Leasing Closes 31 Aircraft Acquisition from First Reserve
- Trinidad and Tobago Air Guard Reaches Key Training,Capability Milestones
- Pakistan – Sindh Province orders AW139
- “Gulf Helicopters confirms delivery of second pair of AW189s”
- Tokyo Metropolitan Police Orders another AW139
- Japan’s Iwate Prefecture Orders an AW139 for Firefighting
- Gulf Helicopters Celebrates AW189 Entry into Service
- Italian State Police AW139 deliveries completed
- Caverton Helicopters adds ninth AW139
- AW189 delays mean Bristow will fly AW139 on UK Coastguard contract