In a press release back in October 2009, the Hong Kong proudly announced “Sky Shuttleâ€™s fleet conversion programme to progressively phase-out its Sikorsky S-76C+ helicopters and bring into commercial service, the first of its six, brand new, high-performance AW 139 helicopters”.
But now, local press are reporting they have changed their mind and have sold the AW139 fleet to Canadian company Eagle Copters and are reportedly returning to the Sikorsky S76 as their prime aircraft.Â The three 76C+’s that the company had were sold to Canada, but never appeared on the register there – perhaps they are still available?
Sky Shuttle was formed in 1998 as East Asia Airlines, rebranding in 2008 with the first AW139 arriving late that year.Â In July 2010 one of the AW139 fleet suffered a tail rotor issue which led to a controlled ditching of the aircraft in Hong Kong harbour, with the 2 crew and 10 passengers all safely rescued.
HeliHub.com contacted Sky Shuttle for comment on this story, and were told that someone would call us back to provide further information.Â No call was received prior to the time we told them we would publish this story.
The company is owned by Chan Un Chan, the thir
- STARS Lottery Saskatchewan celebrates fifth anniversary
- LCI delivers first of four AW139 to Westpac in Australia
- CHC to cut fleet by 90 by mid July
- AgustaWestland sold $1.3 Billion worth of helicopters to Algeria
- STARS Air Ambulance warns of Alberta scam
- Lydd Airport made permanent base for UK SAR
- STARS gives away four houses and six cars in $5.6M of lottery prizes
- Atlantic Airways latest AW139 delivered today
- Dallas Avionics to distribute Voyager Power Source from Avion Power
- Hamad General Hospital to add double roof helipad for AW139s
- Cyrpus – Auditor General questions AW139 purchase
- Pratt & Whitney Canada FAST system now available on AW139
- JSSI Launches Parts-Only Programs For AW139 and Bell 429
- Greenwich AeroGroup completes first install of LiveAero system on AW139
- Heli-One to Offer AW139 Main Rotor Blade Repair in Stavanger
- Era Helicopters passes 100,000 flight hour landmark in AW139 fleet
- VIH Aerospace adds AW139 to Transport Canada approvals
- Bristow sells three AW139s to Waypoint on leaseback
- Vector introduces ADS-B Out solution for AW139
- Finmeccanica to give Panama a free AW139 to settle dispute