In a press release back in October 2009, the Hong Kong proudly announced "Sky Shuttle’s fleet conversion programme to progressively phase-out its Sikorsky S-76C+ helicopters and bring into commercial service, the first of its six, brand new, high-performance AW 139 helicopters".
But now, local press are reporting they have changed their mind and have sold the AW139 fleet to Canadian company Eagle Copters and are reportedly returning to the Sikorsky S76 as their prime aircraft. The three 76C+'s that the company had were sold to Canada, but never appeared on the register there - perhaps they are still available?
Sky Shuttle was formed in 1998 as East Asia Airlines, rebranding in 2008 with the first AW139 arriving late that year. In July 2010 one of the AW139 fleet suffered a tail rotor issue which led to a controlled ditching of the aircraft in Hong Kong harbour, with the 2 crew and 10 passengers all safely rescued.
HeliHub.com contacted Sky Shuttle for comment on this story, and were told that someone would call us back to provide further information. No call was received prior to the time we told them we would publish this story.
The company is owned by Chan Un Chan, the thir
- Italian Police Takes Delivery of its Fifth AW139
- Cyprus coordinates AW139 operations
- ORNGE endangered helicopter pilots, federal probe says
- LCI delivers new AW139 to Thailand’s SFS Aviation
- New operator Atlantic Aviation starts offshore flights in Nigeria
- STARS officially unveils new AW139 at Calgary base
- 15-Oct-13 AgustaWestland AW139 Dubai, UAE (1F)
- KKR Invests in Weststar Aviation Services
- AgustaWestland delivers 600th AW139 with special paint scheme
- Gulf Helicopters’ AW139 fleet passes 40,000 hour milestone
- Avincis signs for one AW139 and two AW189s
- Gulf Helicopters appointed AW139 Authorized Training Centre in Qatar
- Italian VIP customers order three AW139s and a GrandNew
- AgustaWestland and Milestone agree historic multi-aircraft framework agreement
- Quality Aviation Instruments and Gulf Helicopters announce JV
- Ornge to refit AW139 interiors
- Qatar – Hamad Medical Corporation begins AW139 operations
- Curtiss-Wright MPFR on Display at Helitech International
- AgustaWestland confirm HeliHub.com story on Swedish SAR AW139s
- First SAR AW139 arrives in Sweden