In a press release back in October 2009, the Hong Kong proudly announced “Sky Shuttleâ€™s fleet conversion programme to progressively phase-out its Sikorsky S-76C+ helicopters and bring into commercial service, the first of its six, brand new, high-performance AW 139 helicopters”.
But now, local press are reporting they have changed their mind and have sold the AW139 fleet to Canadian company Eagle Copters and are reportedly returning to the Sikorsky S76 as their prime aircraft.Â The three 76C+’s that the company had were sold to Canada, but never appeared on the register there – perhaps they are still available?
Sky Shuttle was formed in 1998 as East Asia Airlines, rebranding in 2008 with the first AW139 arriving late that year.Â In July 2010 one of the AW139 fleet suffered a tail rotor issue which led to a controlled ditching of the aircraft in Hong Kong harbour, with the 2 crew and 10 passengers all safely rescued.
HeliHub.com contacted Sky Shuttle for comment on this story, and were told that someone would call us back to provide further information.Â No call was received prior to the time we told them we would publish this story.
The company is owned by Chan Un Chan, the thir
Sky Shuttle sells AW139 fleet
- New exhibitors target Helitech International 2015 as the place to do business
- Lobo Leasing and SFS Aviation Enter Sale-Leaseback Agreement
- AW Training Academy Malaysia Set to Receive AW139 Maintenance Trainer Simulator
- Basarnas Indonesia signs for an SAR AW139
- AgustaWestland Delivers Two More Corporate AW139s To Malaysian Clients
- Vertis Aviation expands in South Africa
- AgustaWestland Opens Regional Supply Centre in Aberdeen
- 13-Mar-15 4K-AZ117 AgustaWestland AW139 Yavlakh, Azerbaijan
- AgustaWestland launches Reliability Data Sharing Group
- Mayor Nutter welcomes AW609 production to Philadelphia
- Heliconia appointed as AgustaWestland Authorized Service Centre in Morocco
- LCI to lease second new AgustaWestland AW139 to HeliService
- Donaldson IBFs Approved for AW139
- AgustaWestland sells four helicopters into European Corporate Market
- PHI’s AW139 Fleet Passes 25,000 Flight Hours Milestone
- AgustaWestland and Mitsui Bussan Aerospace Sign Basic Ordering Agreement for AW139 Support and Training
- Heli-Expo caps a strong first quarter for LCI Helicopters
- AgustaWestland Launches 7 Tonne AW139
- AgustaWestland Sets New Gearbox Safety Benchmark with 60+ Minutes “Run Dry” Capability
- Pratt & Whitney Canada’s Fast™ Engine Performance Monitoring And Diagnostic Solution Certified On Agustawestland Aw139