In a press release back in October 2009, the Hong Kong proudly announced “Sky Shuttleâ€™s fleet conversion programme to progressively phase-out its Sikorsky S-76C+ helicopters and bring into commercial service, the first of its six, brand new, high-performance AW 139 helicopters”.
But now, local press are reporting they have changed their mind and have sold the AW139 fleet to Canadian company Eagle Copters and are reportedly returning to the Sikorsky S76 as their prime aircraft.Â The three 76C+’s that the company had were sold to Canada, but never appeared on the register there – perhaps they are still available?
Sky Shuttle was formed in 1998 as East Asia Airlines, rebranding in 2008 with the first AW139 arriving late that year.Â In July 2010 one of the AW139 fleet suffered a tail rotor issue which led to a controlled ditching of the aircraft in Hong Kong harbour, with the 2 crew and 10 passengers all safely rescued.
HeliHub.com contacted Sky Shuttle for comment on this story, and were told that someone would call us back to provide further information.Â No call was received prior to the time we told them we would publish this story.
The company is owned by Chan Un Chan, the thir
- RUAG named Authorised Service Centre for the AW139 by Leonardo
- Heli-One Poland Receives EASA Approval for Leonardo AW139 Base Maintenance
- AW139 helicopter full flight simulator receives qualification from EASA
- Latitude and Ornge sign contract to supply Flight Data Analytics services
- Leonardo Expands Sales in Indonesia
- Spectrum Aeromed Equips AW139 for Remote Ornge Base
- New Hong Kong helicopter route into China
- Expansion for Weststar Aviation Services
- Australia – Milestone to Lease AW139 to LifeFlight
- Toll appointed by Leonardo to deliver AW139 simulator
- Waypoint Leasing Places AW139 on Lease to Heliconia
- Leonardo gets more orders for AgustaWestland helicopters
- Waypoint Leasing Places AW139 on Lease with HNZ
- LCI Experiencing busiest year ever at Helitech 2016
- UK SAR helicopters in new trial
- Waypoint leases pre-owned AW139 to Canadian EMS operator
- UK – New Scilly Isles helicopter service proposed with AW139s
- US Dept of Homeland Security sell their two AW139s
- Leonardo demos AW139 at MTOW up to 49 Celsius
- Government of Pakistan orders AW139s