[editor note - yes, we thought it odd too, they've announced in January 2012 three appointments which were effective September 2011, and in two separate press releases...]
As from 28 September, Francis Hauret has been appointed as Director of Customer Services of Turbomeca Canada, and Daniel Savard has been appointed as Director of operations and PRM of Turbomeca Canada.
Daniel Francis Hauret is graduated from university of Texas as an Executive MBA, and he also gained a master industrial system engineering and Aeronautic Maintenance. He has been with Safran for more than 12 yearsIn his last position as Director of Service Engineering North America with TMUSA he has acquired technological knowledge of Turbomeca products and of TMUSA and TMF
Daniel Savard is graduated from Ã‰cole Nationale d'AÃ©rotechnique (National Institute of Aeronautics). He has more than 21 years of experience in the aerospace industry including 15 years on Turbomeca products and 8 years with TMC. He has been involved in many different activities within TMC which allowed him to enhance his knowledge of Turbomeca and of the applicable aerospace regulations.
As from 1st September, David Thibes has been appointed General Manager of Turbomeca Canada, replacing Russ Spray who remains Chairman of Turbomeca USA.
David Thibes is a graduate in mechanical engineering (specializing in aeronautics) from the Ecole Polytechnique in Montreal. His career has been based in Canada, starting with Bombardier in 1997. He then went on to join the Safran group, first at Techspace Aero Canada in 2002 where he was project manager and designer and later at Turbomeca USA in 2005, as supplier quality engineer. Finally, in 2007, he joined Turbomeca Canada where he has been director of operations until now.
- FAA issues Advisory Circular on Reporting Wildlife Aircraft Strikes
- New E-HOTS support partnership consortium
- VNH South recognised for flight hour milestone as more EC225s arrive
- Heli-One secures multi-million-dollar PBH contract with NHV
- Eurocopter and Ramco partner for cloud-based helicopter maintenance software
- Helipartner Thailand orders 10 Eurocopter AS350B3e to lease out
- Eurocopter EC175 certification slips by six months to “early 2014″
- UK – MBE for AW101 Merlin pilot
- Budget pressures for Flagler County’s Fire Flight AS350
- NRC continues to search for low lead aviation fuel alternatives
- Cassidian’s obstacle warning system certified for NH90
- Selex ES HF communication systems get onboard V-22
- AW189 enters full scale production
- Astronics extends supply agreement with Rockwell Collins
- AAR Signs Partnering Agreement with Boeing to Support Royal Netherlands Air Force
- Ka-52 makes successful demonstration flight at Le Bourget
- Turbomeca extends certification of COHC as a Certified Maintenance Center
- Metro Aviation hosts first Turbomeca training class
- Arizona and Helicopter Industry to be Represented by John Stonecipher of Guidance Aviation
- Carson Helicopters cited for for exposing workers to chemical hazards