On Dec. 27, the FAA announced via the Federal Register the formation of a Commercial Air Tour Voluntary Accreditation Program Working Group under the Aviation Rulemaking Advisory Committee (ARAC). The FAA is currently soliciting those with an expertise in commercial air tours to be members of this new working group – which has been tasked with making recommendations on a program for voluntary accreditation in the form of an Advisory Circular (AC).
The objective of the accreditation program is to raise the level of safety of commercial air tour operators, not required by regulation, to maintain their aircraft under a continuous airworthiness maintenance program (CAMP). The FAA is looking for a wide range of working group members to ensure all aspects of the circular are considered, and are looking to have the recommendations forwarded to the ARAC by the working group by December 2012.
For full details on the working group, and instructions on how to become a participant, please click here.
- R66 lands at North Pole
- Nine new customers in China for Enstrom
- Eurocopter to supply EC225 and AS350B3e to China’s State Grid General Aviation Company
- CAE upgrades visuals on Royal Navy Lynx Mk8 full-mission simulator
- Keystone Med-Flight Announces New VP of Operations
- Fourth corporate AW139 sold into UK market
- REACH adds sixth EC135
- Enstrom breaks ground on production plant expansion
- Bell promotes innovation at AHS Forum 69
- HAI at AHS Forum 69
- Court rejects helicopter haze injunction
- Rivalry develops in air ambulance service
- Castleberry Instruments & Avionics Relocates for Growth
- Keystone Turbine Services Honeywell-approved for P&WC PT6 Series Accessory Support
- EBACE – Heli Asset places first Eurocopter EC155B1 into Switzerland
- EBACE – Corporate EC175 features dimmable windows and cabin partitions
- EBACE – JSSI reaches 10,000th Asset Milestone
- EBACE – Eurocopter launches EC175 with VIP/executive interior
- NZ heliski firm fined $6,000
- Vector Aerospace showcases GEMS engine management program at EBACE