Satellite tracking, fleet management, and automated flight following solutions leader, Blue Sky Network announced today that its two dominant aviation products, the D1000 and ACH1000, have been certified for use on Sikorsky S-92® helicopters. The newly type-certified equipment provides S-92 helicopter operators with enhanced communication between managers and crew from anywhere in the world, adding safety and tracking capabilities to increase security and efficiency.
Blue Sky Network’s D1000A offers near real-time tracking of aircraft through built-in GPS position reporting combined with an Iridium satellite transceiver and telemetry data link. The ACH1000 communications control head adds voice communication and two-way messaging connectivity between operators and the control center. Managers are also able to visually track aircraft and view take-off, landing and other flight updates using SkyRouter, Blue Sky Network’s secure online web portal.
“This certification is proof of the high quality of our asset management equipment,” said Jon Gilbert, President and CEO of Blue Sky Network. “We are very proud to provide our customers the added value and assurance of another STC. Blue Sky Network will continue to add product certification where needed in order to bring secure tracking and communications to more aircraft worldwide.”
The S-92 helicopter is the most advanced aircraft in Sikorsky’s civil product line, certified to the most stringent safety requirements of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA). The helicopter’s advanced health and usage monitoring system sets a new level of reliability and enables cutting-edge fleet management services, making it an ideal fit with Blue Sky Network’s tracking and communication solutions.
- Sikorsky to convert Brunei Shell S-92 for SAR work
- Bristow bring S92s to Sumburgh for start of “Gap SAR”
- Bristow holds PR exercise at Humberside for new SAR base
- Bond Offshore Helicopters signs new contract with ADTI
- Turkish National Police orders two VVIP S92s
- FAA approves Rig Approach system for S92
- Canada spent $700,000 to undo renovations for delayed helicopter
- Bond signs 10 year S92 contract with EnQuest
- Sikorsky Establishes Forward Stocking Location Facility in Brazil
- Bond Offshore Helicopters signs new contract with Premier Oil
- Official – Bristow win UK SAR with ten S92s and ten AW189s
- Reports…. Bristow win UK SAR contract worth £3 Billion
- Global S-92 fleet passes 500,000 hours
- Sikorsky Announces Sale of 30 Helicopters to Milestone Aviation Group
- Bristow renews Total Assurance Program for offshore S92 fleet
- 03-Mar-13 MOI-12 Sikorsky S92 Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (1F)
- Second S92 arrives UK for Bristow “Gap SAR” contract
- 18-Feb-13 Sikorsky S92 North Sea, UK
- Norsk Helikopterservice receives first S-92
- 06-Feb-12 G-WNSH Sikorsky S92 North Sea, UK