Metro Aviation, Inc. received an FAA Supplemental Type Certificate SR09591RC (STC) for a complete Emergency Medical System kit and associated options for the Eurocopter EC155B1. This is the first EC155B1 to be equipped with an EMS package in the United States. Metro Aviation, Inc. received approval late December after five months of completing the STC program.
The STC included: Blackout Curtains, Accessory Bar Mount, Fwd Storage Cabinet, Aft Storage System, Portable Oxygen Mount, Cabin Flood Lights, Cabin Reading Lights, Loading Lights, Supplemental Strobe Lights, Super Nightscanner, PROPAQ MD Mount, Ventilator Mount, Extruded Aluminum Cabin Floor, Pivoting Liter System with Lifeport AeroSled and Med Deck, Secondary Patient Restraint, Seating for up to five passengers, Cabin Overhead Module supporting four audio panels and four equipment control touch panels, Medical Equipment Rack, 10 Liter LOX (526-RTI Aero ORB), Medical Suction, Medical Air, Dual Gas Towers, IV Support Rail and a Medical Inverter.
The complete EMS Kit No. 155M-100 has an approved Flight Manual Supplemental covering weight and balance considerations, basic operations and system descriptions. Each component of the kit can be explored using the free Metro Aviation, Inc. iPad App, which was developed as a familiarization and training tool for customers. The App currently features 360-degree interior and exterior views, completion and installation videos, system descriptions, user manuals and product support for the EC135, EC145 and EC130. The EC155 will be added to the Metro Aviation, Inc. iPad App and available in the near future.
Metro Aviation, Inc. was established in 1982 as a helicopter charter, flight training, and maintenance operation facility. Since then, Metro Aviation, Inc. has grown substantially in size, and is internationally recognized for its excellence in helicopter transportation services. Today, Metro Aviation, Inc. is an FAA certified Airframe Modification, Maintenance, Inspection and Repair center, and is proud to offer traditional services to its valued customers.
- FLIR Systems wins $23M US Coast Guard order
- Avinco completes its third major transaction for CHC in 2013
- Multiflight provides AS365N2 cover for Yorkshire Air Ambulance
- 05-May-13 9M-DBH Eurocopter AS365N2 Sungai Besi, Malaysia
- West Michigan AirCare celebrates 20 years
- First landing made at new Frederick Memorial Hospital helipad
- 04-Oct-12 N646GE Eurocopter AS365N2 Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- 28-Jun-12 TU-THO Eurocopter SA365C2 Beposo, Ghana
- 23-Jun-12 AMHP-151 Eurocopter AS565SB Tecalitlan, Mexico (4F)
- HÃ©li-Union inaugurates its 365N3/N3+ Dauphin Simulator
- 11-Apr-12 Eurocopter MH-65C Salinas, US-California
- Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie recognized for 50 years of Eurocopter operations
- Thales’s first Reality H simulator achieves dual qualification
- Multiflight helicopter operation continues to expand
- UK – Starspeed moves base from Blackbushe to Fairoaks
- 28-Feb-12 6535 Eurocopter MH-65C Point Clear, US-Alabama (4F)
- 20-Feb-12 N82MD Eurocopter AS365N2 Harford County, US-Maryland
- Eurocopter South East Asia designated as Dauphin Asia Pacific training and MRO hub
- 16-Feb-12 N63CF Eurocopter AS365N Dayton, US-Ohio
- UK: Memorial unveiled for victims of Morecambe Bay crash