Galaxy Technologies announced today the company has been awarded a multi-year, multi-million dollar contract from Bell Helicopter Textron to design and manufacture tooling to support Bell's re-design efforts for the H-1 Cuff and Yoke program in Ft. Worth, Texas. Bell Helicopter was awarded the Naval Air Systems Command contract in 2011. "The Galaxy team did a great job in competitively responding to Bell Helicopter's technical and manufacturing requirements for this very important and high-priority project. Bell designed a tremendous rotorcraft in the AH-1Z (Viper) and UH-1Y (Venom). We look forward to assisting Bell's effort to continually improve their product," states Galaxy Technologies President and CEO Andy Plyler.
The AH-1Z and UH-1Y are deployed as essential elements of the U.S. Marine Corps' light attack helicopter squadrons. "We are very proud to continue to support the American Warfighter through our work with Bell Helicopter," says Plyler. The H-1 Cuff and Yoke program is part of an upgrade program focused on improving the platforms' operational capabilities, while at the same time reducing overall life-cycle costs.
Galaxy Technologies is located in Winfield, Kan. Galaxy is major supplier for the design, manufacturing and assembly of production tooling for the aerospace, defense and plastic markets. Major customers include Boeing, Spirit Aerosystems, Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin, Rubbermaid and Coleman. Gladstone Investment Corporation, a publicly-traded business development company, is the majority shareholder of Galaxy Technologies' parent company, Galaxy Tool Holding Corporation. Gladstone Investment focuses on providing debt and equity capital to U.S.-based businesses in connection with acquisitions, changes in control and recapitalizations.
- 15-Apr-13 Bell UH-1H Taipai, Taiwan
- 05-Apr-13 Bell UH-1 Balauana, Tunisia
- Sacramento Metro Fire chooses Becker avionics for UH-1
- Sacramento Metro Fire chooses Becker system for UH-1
- HFI to display three heritage helicopters at Heli-Expo 2013
- 25-Feb-13 Bell UH-1N Parshall, US-North Dakota
- Oregon UH-1 operator for sale
- 10-Jan-13 N7247J Bell UH-1H La Paloma, US-California
- UK – Helicopter Museum Huey becomes Vietnam film star
- Santa Barbara County refurbish UH-1 for fire and sheriff tasks
- 01-Nov-12 Huey II Sandoná, Colombia
- Rockwell-Collins awarded $17M contract for Nav/Comm repairs
- 07-Oct-12 N1577 Bell UH-1H Medford, US-Oregon
- Huey donation provides new training possibilities at Crisis City
- Huey moves into Wings of Eagles Discovery Center
- 27-Jul-12 Bell UH-1 Catha Village, South Africa (1F)
- 03-Jul-12 N499DF Bell UH-1H Willits, US-California
- Royal New Zealand Air Force sends UH-1s to assist Papua New Guinea elections
- 26-Jun-12 N4582D Bell UH-1F Concrete, US-Washington
- Four companies awarded $12M for logistics support of H-60, H-1, CV-22 progams