A scheduled helicopter en route from the Deepsea Bergen drilling rig to Kristiansund made a controlled emergency landing on Ã…sgard B at 16.45 on Thursday afternoon.
The incident happened when the helicopter alarm system alerted the pilots of loss of pressure in the left hydraulic system.
After the landing, the helicopter came into motion due to lack of braking power on the wheels, but it was gradually stabilised.
The passengers were evacuated through the emergency exit. None of the people on board were physically injured in connection with the incident. The affected have been taken care of and accommodated on Ã…sgard B.
Two technicians have arrived on the platform and are now examining the helicopter to make it ready for service.
Statoil’s emergency preparedness organisation on Ã…sgard B and onshore was mobilised in connection with the incident.
There were 19 passengers and a crew of two on board the helicopter, a Eurocopter EC225, which is operated by CHC.
Both CHC and Statoil will implement separate investigations of the incident.
- 86% of North Sea oilmen fear flying in EC225
- New “Land or Ditch Immediately” advice for EC225 operators
- EC225 pilots nominated for flying award
- Bristow – EC225 situation will last another year or more
- Eurocopter to supply EC225 and AS350B3e to China’s State Grid General Aviation Company
- Bond enters Australian market with multi-million contract
- Helibras announces EC225/EC725 simulator
- Step Change in Safety report highlights offshore safety achievements
- Weststar Aviation Services order two Eurocopter EC225s
- Eurocopter reports on third round of EC225 tests
- UK AAIB issues EC225 investigation update
- Eurocopter creates new UK-based PR role
- Eurocopter and Milestone Aviation Group getting closer together
- Milestone orders five EC175s and more EC225s
- Turbomeca and CHC sign a major Support by the Hour Contract
- What is Eurocopter showing at Heli-Expo?
- Indra to develop EC225 simulators for Malaysia and Brazil
- Helicopter Safety Steering Group publishes findings of visit to Eurocopter
- EC225 update – North Sea delegation visiting Eurocopter this week
- EC225s to fly short crew-only flights over land