Component Control has announced that Aero-Parts Connections Inc., a premier supplier of aircraft safety and emergency equipment to the airline and aircraft repair industries, has expanded its investment with Quantum MRO and Logistics software to support its new sister company, Aviation Inflatables Inc. Aviation Inflatables is a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certified repair facility, with operational approval from the U.S. Department of Transportation and EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency) for the supply and servicing of aircraft safety and emergency equipment. This includes aspirator assemblies, inflatable evacuation slides and life rafts, life vests and more.
“We originally chose Quantum to manage our Aero-Parts Connections supply business because Quantum was, and still is, considered the industry standard both in terms of functionality and scalability,” said Marilyn Callwood, General Manager, Aero-Parts Connection and Aviation Inflatables. “As we grow in volume and diversify our business offering, as we’ve done with Aviation Inflatables, Quantum has worked seamlessly and very efficiently to help us better manage our businesses.”
Along with managing daily operations, both companies will use Quantum to fulfill contracts with Delta Air Lines. Aviation Inflatables’ contract with Delta Air Lines is to overhaul and service their safety and emergency equipment units, while the Aero-Parts Connections’ contract supplies Delta Air Lines with replacement units. Through Quantum, Delta customers will have 24/7 online access to parts service order status via each company website. Said Callwood, “Securing two contracts with Delta, one of the largest airlines in the world, has catapulted Aviation Inflatables and Aero-Parts Connections into an challenging and exhilarating period of growth. We have confidence that Quantum will help us keep all our customers very happy.”
The Quantum Control MRO and Logistics solution delivered to Aviation Inflatables operates on a highly scalable and secure Oracle TM database and includes a range of logistics and business modules. For more information on the specific modules purchased by Aviation Inflatables, please see appendix one below.
About Aviation Inflatables
Aviation Inflatables, Inc. is a licensed FAA repair station specializing in emergency equipment for the aviation industry. All of our management, quality control, and key technicians are from industry leading aviation emergency equipment manufacturers, and we utilize state-of-the-art equipment, which has revolutionized the emergency equipment repairs sector, to reduce customer turnaround time. The alliance that Aviation Inflatables and Aero-Parts Connections share has permitted us to offer customers the highest standard of quality, customer service and the most competitive price in the industry.
About Component Control
Component Control, based in San Diego, Calif., is a leading developer and provider of MRO and Logistics Software solutions for the aviation industry. Its core product, Quantum Control, provides advanced aviation management support to original equipment manufacturers, aftermarket service divisions, component repair and overhaul companies, fixed base operators, aircraft completion centers, airlines, MRO facilities, and part distribution/redistribution companies. Quantum is installed in over 50 countries and can be deployed as a single-site or multinational solution.
- Universal Helicopters orders four R44s and two R22s
- Argentine Coast Guard negotiating for EC225s
- Texstars to produce windshields for Bell 525 Relentless
- Norbert Dentressangle secures contract renewal with AgustaWestland
- Scotts Bell 47 far exceed their 2013 sales targets for turbine 4GT-6 helicopter
- Brunei accepts four Sikorsky S-70i Black Hawks
- Bristow and CHC EC225 training captains like EC175 too
- CV-22 Osprey to make final landing at museum
- Korea requests fourteen CH-47D Chinooks
- Register Update – USA – week to 1 December 2013
- Register Update – Canada – November 2013
- Canada – Fatal June 2012 AS350 crash blamed on inadvertent IMC
- Air BP launches the first direct cash back reward card in GA
- Russian Helicopters showcases new Ansat and Ka-226T at EMS event
- New St Luke Helicopter Hangar Almost Complete
- Heli-One adds innovative website search feature for Component Exchange and Surplus Inventory
- Eurocopter customer MHS praises EC175
- Onboard Systems to develop new cargo hook System for MD Explorer
- HMH-772 flies toward aerial excellence
- Register Update – South Africa – November 2013