Component Control has announced that Aero-Parts Connections Inc., a premier supplier of aircraft safety and emergency equipment to the airline and aircraft repair industries, has expanded its investment with Quantum MRO and Logistics software to support its new sister company, Aviation Inflatables Inc. Aviation Inflatables is a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certified repair facility, with operational approval from the U.S. Department of Transportation and EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency) for the supply and servicing of aircraft safety and emergency equipment. This includes aspirator assemblies, inflatable evacuation slides and life rafts, life vests and more.
“We originally chose Quantum to manage our Aero-Parts Connections supply business because Quantum was, and still is, considered the industry standard both in terms of functionality and scalability,” said Marilyn Callwood, General Manager, Aero-Parts Connection and Aviation Inflatables. “As we grow in volume and diversify our business offering, as we’ve done with Aviation Inflatables, Quantum has worked seamlessly and very efficiently to help us better manage our businesses.”
Along with managing daily operations, both companies will use Quantum to fulfill contracts with Delta Air Lines. Aviation Inflatables’ contract with Delta Air Lines is to overhaul and service their safety and emergency equipment units, while the Aero-Parts Connections’ contract supplies Delta Air Lines with replacement units. Through Quantum, Delta customers will have 24/7 online access to parts service order status via each company website. Said Callwood, “Securing two contracts with Delta, one of the largest airlines in the world, has catapulted Aviation Inflatables and Aero-Parts Connections into an challenging and exhilarating period of growth. We have confidence that Quantum will help us keep all our customers very happy.”
The Quantum Control MRO and Logistics solution delivered to Aviation Inflatables operates on a highly scalable and secure Oracle TM database and includes a range of logistics and business modules. For more information on the specific modules purchased by Aviation Inflatables, please see appendix one below.
About Aviation Inflatables
Aviation Inflatables, Inc. is a licensed FAA repair station specializing in emergency equipment for the aviation industry. All of our management, quality control, and key technicians are from industry leading aviation emergency equipment manufacturers, and we utilize state-of-the-art equipment, which has revolutionized the emergency equipment repairs sector, to reduce customer turnaround time. The alliance that Aviation Inflatables and Aero-Parts Connections share has permitted us to offer customers the highest standard of quality, customer service and the most competitive price in the industry.
About Component Control
Component Control, based in San Diego, Calif., is a leading developer and provider of MRO and Logistics Software solutions for the aviation industry. Its core product, Quantum Control, provides advanced aviation management support to original equipment manufacturers, aftermarket service divisions, component repair and overhaul companies, fixed base operators, aircraft completion centers, airlines, MRO facilities, and part distribution/redistribution companies. Quantum is installed in over 50 countries and can be deployed as a single-site or multinational solution.
- US Air Force to fund rescue helicopter in last-minute reversal
- Bird Strikes Problematic for Military Helicopters, Study Finds
- Greenpeace duped Stratus Helicopters when hiring R44
- PHI Announces $500 Million Private Offering of Senior Notes
- Fire chiefs urge Manitoba to re-instate STARS air ambulance
- ARGUS Releases 2013 SMS Audit Results Report
- Maryland AW139s flew 136 community outreach missions in 2013
- Bell sold 196 helicopters at Heli-Expo 2014, including 171 JRX
- Russian Helicopters deliver Mi-8AMT to UTair
- CAE to provide UH-60L/M Black Hawk simulator for Mexican Federal Police
- Argentine Federal Police take delivery of new EC135 and EC145
- All American now approved as an Airbus CSF
- Maersk Training announces two new offshore helideck emergency courses
- Helicopter Flight Training Center welcomes AMGH as Launch Customer
- Metro Aviation dedicated to safety through helicopter simulators
- Helicopter Flight Training Center will add Communication Center Lab to curriculum
- Metro Aviation welcomes Directors of Operations and Maintenance
- Helicopter Flight Training Center welcomes new Assistant Director of Training
- Helicopter Flight Training Center Welcomes CALSTAR as Co-Launch Customer for EC135 Simulator
- LifeFlight of Maine orders four more Belfort Automated Weather Observation Systems