Tanis Aircraft Products has announced the availability of its aircraft preheat systems for the Eurocopter line of helicopters, a manufacturer of civilian and military models.
Eurocopter manufactures the EC155 helicopter, a long-range twin-engine medium-lift passenger transport helicopter, along with many other models. Collaborating with Metro Aviation, Inc. at their corporate headquarters in Shreveport, Louisiana, representatives from Tanis reviewed the configuration of a Tanis preheat system to be installed on multiple EC155s, designated for a specific customer. The new system comprises a simple plug-in design for preheating critical components of the EC155 during cold weather operations. Tanis develops preheat systems for new Eurocopter helicopter models and offers retrofit systems in for legacy models.
A complete Tanis preheat system for rotary wing aircraft is comprised of several specifically engineered heating elements that can be affixed to the engine oil reservoir and sump, hydraulic reservoir, reduction gearbox, accessory case, fuel control unit, and more. Each system is designed to protect critical components from cold starts, reduce the likelihood of damage, and to shave critical minutes off time to launch. When factoring in all costs, including time and fuel, reduced wear and faster launch times, a Tanis Preheat System is a money-saver for helicopter operators of any size.
Well-respected manufacturers, operators, completion and MRO centers, such as Metro Aviation, agree that Tanis is leading in its field, and they are embracing Tanis preheat technology. Tanis is the only company providing complete aircraft and engine preheat systems for piston, turbine and rotary wing aircraft.
Bob Krueger, President of Tanis, stated, "Our founder, Pete Tanis, developed the patents and technologies that are known to be state of the art in aircraft preheat. We build a quality product and aggressively support our systems." Krueger concluded, "It is for these reasons that helicopter operators specify Tanis when their operations require helicopter preheat in cold climates."
About Metro Aviation
Metro Aviation, Inc., based in Shreveport, Louisiana, United States, is a worldwide provider of completion services for all types of helicopters and missions. Metro Aviation specializes in the EC135 and EC145 offering numerous Supplemental Type Certificates (STCs) developed by the company for these and other aircraft. Metro Aviation is an FAA Approved Repair Station, an approved Eurocopter Service Center, and a FAR Part 135 Air Ambulance and Emergency Medical Service/Helicopter (EMS/H) operator with several locations across the United States. The company is privately held and is one of the largest traditional air medical providers in the country.
** See Tanis Aircraft Products at HELI-EXPO 2012 in Dallas, Texas, from February 12-14. Tanis booth number 7523. **
- Avinco completes its third major transaction for CHC in 2013
- Multiflight provides AS365N2 cover for Yorkshire Air Ambulance
- 05-May-13 9M-DBH Eurocopter AS365N2 Sungai Besi, Malaysia
- West Michigan AirCare celebrates 20 years
- First landing made at new Frederick Memorial Hospital helipad
- 04-Oct-12 N646GE Eurocopter AS365N2 Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- 28-Jun-12 TU-THO Eurocopter SA365C2 Beposo, Ghana
- 23-Jun-12 AMHP-151 Eurocopter AS565SB Tecalitlan, Mexico (4F)
- HÃ©li-Union inaugurates its 365N3/N3+ Dauphin Simulator
- 11-Apr-12 Eurocopter MH-65C Salinas, US-California
- Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie recognized for 50 years of Eurocopter operations
- Thales’s first Reality H simulator achieves dual qualification
- Multiflight helicopter operation continues to expand
- UK – Starspeed moves base from Blackbushe to Fairoaks
- 28-Feb-12 6535 Eurocopter MH-65C Point Clear, US-Alabama (4F)
- 20-Feb-12 N82MD Eurocopter AS365N2 Harford County, US-Maryland
- Eurocopter South East Asia designated as Dauphin Asia Pacific training and MRO hub
- 16-Feb-12 N63CF Eurocopter AS365N Dayton, US-Ohio
- UK: Memorial unveiled for victims of Morecambe Bay crash
- Eurocopter sales up 12% in 2011 and 111 more helicopters sold than 2010