Mesa County Search and Rescue have recently added a second loan helicopter to their resources, thanks to a local telecom company. Based in the city of Grand Junction, Mesa County have struck a deal with CenturyLink, the third largest telecom company in the US following its combination with QWest. CenturyLink see the donation of their helicopter, free of charge to the county, as part of their corporate social responsibility and a short ceremony was held Saturday to mark the launch.
The helicopter involved is a 1988 Bell 206L3 LongRanger III which has been owned from new by QWest - serial number 51255 and registration N970Q.
The partnership works well as CenturyLink routinely use it to check their 170 towers during the mornings, while the bulk of the search-and-rescue callouts are in afternoons and weekends.
CenturyLink provides broadband, voice and wireless services to consumers and businesses across the country. It also offers advanced entertainment services under the CenturyLinkTM PrismTM TV and DIRECTV brands. In addition, the company provides data, voice and managed services to business, government and wholesale customers in local, national and select international markets through its high-quality advanced fiber optic network and multiple data centers.
William P Johnson - HeliHub.com US correspondent
- Dart launches Rear Locker Extender for B206 and B407
- 14-May-13 B-7479 Bell 206B Dezhou City, China
- 10-May-13 N94PH Bell 206B Heflin, US-Kentucky
- 07-May-13 N20Z Bell 206L La Junta, US-Colorado
- Air Evac celebrates year of service in Licking County
- 27-Apr-13 N150SP Bell 206B Shepherd, US-Montana (1F)
- 23-Apr-13 N2072M Bell 206L1 Grand Canyon, US-Arizona
- 20-Apr-13 N4237M Bell 206B Wells, US-Nevada
- More STC Approvals for Latitude’s SkyNode Satcom and IONode FDM Systems
- 23-Mar-13 ZS-HSR Bell 206B Petermaritzburg, South Africa
- 23-Mar-13 Bell TH-57A Salinas, Ecuador
- Gainesville PD helicopter relaunches after 15 months
- Tennessee Highway Patrol Announces Permanent Aviation Support for West Tennessee
- Bristow Academy Announces Agreement with Aero Dynamix
- Bilingual pilots launch Ravco training program
- Astronics Max-Viz-1500 approved for Bell 206/407 in China
- FAA had twice suspended licence of pilot in fatal crash
- Cadorath announces 178 new Bell extended repairs
- 18-Feb-13 N20620 Bell 206 Ely, US-Nevada (1F)
- 15-Feb-13 UP-BL007 Bell 206L3 Bakanas, Kazakhstan