All Metal MS, a global leader in the development and manufacturing of safety first custom maintenance stands, maintenance support equipment and hangar equipment, announced today that it will be undergoing rigorous testing at the renowned American Eurocopter Corporation to test All-Metal’s Lightweight Transportable Hoist (LTH) on Eurocopter’s best-selling helicopter, the AS350 AStar turbine single. This exclusive opportunity will demonstrate how functional, efficient and safe the LTH is for helicopter maintenance. This intensive testing of the LTH on the AS350 will take place at American Eurocopter’s Grand Prairie, TX maintenance training facility. All Metal MS hopes to earn American Eurocopter’s select endorsement after the rigorous testing process.
The LTH is a new, lightweight maintenance device designed for removing the engine, transmission, rotor head or other helicopter components in almost every environment. It is lightweight and compact, and can fold into almost any helicopter cab in its own travel cradle without having to remove the seat or on the outside of the helicopter in a DART basket to maximize interior space. The LTH is designed for field us, including hard-to-access locations, such as locales with no access roads, roof-top helipads, ship helipads, hangars, oil platforms, and on almost any demanding terrain, including grass, snow, sand, and tundra. The versatile LTH also may be used on a daily basis inside a maintenance facility.
The LTH will be released for sale at the Helicopter Association International’s Heli-Expo 2012 (booth 5217) or online at www.maintenancestands.com. The LTH-2000, designed for larger helicopters, will be on display at the booth. The LTH-1000 is also available and is designed for small to mid-size helicopters.
- FAA issues Advisory Circular on Reporting Wildlife Aircraft Strikes
- New E-HOTS support partnership consortium
- VNH South recognised for flight hour milestone as more EC225s arrive
- Heli-One secures multi-million-dollar PBH contract with NHV
- Eurocopter and Ramco partner for cloud-based helicopter maintenance software
- Helipartner Thailand orders 10 Eurocopter AS350B3e to lease out
- Eurocopter EC175 certification slips by six months to “early 2014″
- UK – MBE for AW101 Merlin pilot
- Budget pressures for Flagler County’s Fire Flight AS350
- NRC continues to search for low lead aviation fuel alternatives
- Cassidian’s obstacle warning system certified for NH90
- Selex ES HF communication systems get onboard V-22
- AW189 enters full scale production
- Astronics extends supply agreement with Rockwell Collins
- AAR Signs Partnering Agreement with Boeing to Support Royal Netherlands Air Force
- Ka-52 makes successful demonstration flight at Le Bourget
- Turbomeca extends certification of COHC as a Certified Maintenance Center
- Metro Aviation hosts first Turbomeca training class
- Arizona and Helicopter Industry to be Represented by John Stonecipher of Guidance Aviation
- 19-Jun-13 Bell 47G Maplewood, US-Minnesota (1F)