Scott’s – Bell 47, Inc. (SB47) today announced their intentions to launch a Model 47 Upgrade Program at Heli-Expo in Dallas on February 12. This program gives customers the choice to have their existing Model 47 upgraded or to purchase a refurbished/upgraded 47G-2A configuration (narrow body) or 47G-2A-1 (wide body) configuration helicopter direct from the OEM.
The upgrade program will apply to all Lycoming powered 47G type helicopters from the 47G-2 through to the 47G-5A, excluding the Franklin powered 47G-3. These upgrades will include the recently announced new Instrument Panel, Interiors & the Composite Main Rotor Blades all under development, along with existing performance improving Texas Helicopter Co., Inc. STCs such as the No-Bar, Sprag & Muffler. Optional overhaul of Airframe & Systems, Engines and Drive System components, plus installation of new zero-time life limited components, will be included in the program.
“We are very excited to be launching this upgrade program.” stated Scott Churchill, President/Owner of Scott’s – Bell 47, Inc. “The foundations have been laid within SB47 over the past 2 years to get to this point. The 47 is one of the most durable, long lasting helicopters in the industry, but spares availability has made it increasingly challenging to keep them in service. These upgrades, using modern components, will provide a new lease of life to those helicopters enabling them to operate for years to come.”
“The refurbished 47G-2A & 47G-2A-1 helicopters will be as close to a new Model 47 as you can get without a new engine or transmission.” stated Neil Marshall, General Manager of Scott’s – Bell 47, Inc. “With a full 1,200hr overhaul period ahead of them, zero-time life limited components, new instrument panel, avionics options & interior plus the new composite main rotor blades these improved Model 47 are a truly viable purchase option for the modern training & utility markets.”
SB47 expects to start deliveries of Upgrades to customer-owned Model 47’s in Q4 2012 and Refurbished/Upgraded 47G-2A & 47G-2A-1 configuration helicopters in Q1 2013. They will be taking orders at Heli-Expo in Dallas, Texas this February.
About Scott’s – Bell 47, Inc.
Scott’s – Bell 47, Inc., under the private ownership of Scott Churchill, is a sister company to Scott’s Helicopter Services Inc., one of the largest operators of Model 47 helicopters in the world, and Texas Helicopter Co., Inc., manufacturer of the WASP helicopter and a FAA PMA parts supplier & STC holder for the Model 47. SB47 is the Type Certificate holder for all FAA type certificated model 47 helicopters and provides OEM level customer support to the fielded fleet. Press contact:[email protected]
- Scotts launches RR300 turbine powered 47GT-6
- Change of leadership at Scott’s – Bell 47
- 18-Jan-13 ZU-HRS Westland-Bell 47G.3B.1 Hibberdene, South Africa
- 03-Jan-12 N14841 Bell 47G5A Huron, US-California
- 01-Dec-12 N3755Z Bell 47G2 Walkerville, US-Michigan (1F)
- RR300 engine in Bell 47s possible as Rolls-Royce explores feasibility with Scott’s Bell 47
- 18-Sep-12 F-GHYS Agusta-Bell 47G-2 Basse-Pointe, Martinique
- 30-Aug-12 F-GHYS Agusta-Bell 47G-2 Ajoupa-Bouillon, Martinique
- 14-Aug-12 N444EH Bell 47G2 Flandreau, US-South Dakota
- 08-Aug-12 N90543 Bell 47G3B1 Stanton, US-Michigan
- 03-Aug-12 N8593F Bell 47G5 Tioga, US-Pennsylvania
- 02-Aug F-GFHL Bell 47G-2 Lamentin, Guadeloupe
- 27-Jul-12 N652HA Bell 47G2A New Frankfort, US-Indiana
- 25-Jul-12 N73252 Bell 47G2A Le Sueur, US-Minnesota
- 09-Jul-12 N2919W Bell 47G.3B.2 Treynor, US-Iowa
- 16-Mar-12 F-GBEG Bell 47G Basse-Pointe, Martinique
- 12-Mar-12 F-BXXL Agusta-Bell 47G2 Lorrain, Martinique (1F)
- 22-Feb-12 N43921 Bell 47 (M74 Wasp) Farmington, US-California
- Heli-Expo HFI Heritage of Helicopters Display detailed
- Scott’s Bell 47 develops composite main blades for model 47 fleet