The HELI-EXPO 2012 exhibit floor will feature the inaugural HFI Heritage of Helicopters Display at static display #30 in Hall A of the Dallas Convention Center. The Helicopter Foundation International has secured the loan of these historic aircraft from several Texas museums, including the Cold War Museum in Lexington, the Cavanaugh Flight Museum in Addison, and the Collings Foundation in Houston. Curators from these museums will speak at the Heritage of Helicopters display, as noted below:
- MI-24 Hind: This Soviet-era attack helicopter is 12 tons of armor-plated war-fighting machine. Powerful engines give it a top speed of 200 mph, a world speed record for military helicopters. The Hind displays a distinctive bubble canopy with a quad 12.7mm articulated machine gun in a chin turret.
A representative from the Cold War Museum will speak on the Hind on Mon., Feb. 13, every half hour from 12 p.m. until 2:00 p.m.
- Bell Helicopter OH-13G Sioux: This model is one of the most recognizable helicopters in the world, in part because Bell built and sold more than 5,000 of them from 1947 through 1974. These were also the helicopters featured in the movie and television series M*A*S*H, rushing patients from battlefields to medical care, just as they did during the Korean Conflict.
A representative from the Cavanaugh Flight Museum will speak on the Bell H-13 Sioux on Sun., Feb. 12, every half hour from 3:30 p.m. until 5:00 p.m.
- Bell UH-1 Iroquois "Huey": A model that was first used in Vietnam for for troop transport, resupply and cargo missions, the Huey became a famous symbol of that war. The aircraft that will be on display at HELI-EXPO (UH-1E BuNo. 153762) comes with its own history, including its use by Marine aviators to rescue soldiers captured by the Viet Cong — an incredible display of bravery and skill that earned its captain a Medal of Honor.
A representative from the Collings Foundation will speak on the Huey on Tues., Feb. 14, every half hour from 12 p.m. until 2:00 p.m.
Come to HELI-EXPO and see three amazing heritage helicopters!
- Bell awarded $50M for UH-1Y and AH-1Z long-lead parts
- 24-May-13 Bell UH-1 Arlington, US-Virginia
- 15-Apr-13 Bell UH-1H Taipai, Taiwan
- 05-Apr-13 Bell UH-1 Balauana, Tunisia
- Sacramento Metro Fire chooses Becker avionics for UH-1
- Sacramento Metro Fire chooses Becker system for UH-1
- HFI to display three heritage helicopters at Heli-Expo 2013
- 25-Feb-13 Bell UH-1N Parshall, US-North Dakota
- Oregon UH-1 operator for sale
- 10-Jan-13 N7247J Bell UH-1H La Paloma, US-California
- UK – Helicopter Museum Huey becomes Vietnam film star
- Santa Barbara County refurbish UH-1 for fire and sheriff tasks
- 01-Nov-12 Huey II Sandoná, Colombia
- Rockwell-Collins awarded $17M contract for Nav/Comm repairs
- 07-Oct-12 N1577 Bell UH-1H Medford, US-Oregon
- Huey donation provides new training possibilities at Crisis City
- Huey moves into Wings of Eagles Discovery Center
- 27-Jul-12 Bell UH-1 Catha Village, South Africa (1F)
- 03-Jul-12 N499DF Bell UH-1H Willits, US-California
- Royal New Zealand Air Force sends UH-1s to assist Papua New Guinea elections