Pall Corporation, a global leader in filtration, separation and purification, today announced that it has signed an agreement with Dart Aerospace Ltd. to develop new upgrades for Pall’s Centrisep(R) engine advanced protection system (EAPS). The companies will collaborate on the design, validation, and airworthiness (suitability for safe flight) certifications for the upgrades. At Heli-Expo 2012, the world’s largest trade show dedicated to the international helicopter community, the first program – for AS350 ‘Squirrel’ aircraft(1 -)will be showcased. Pall’s Centrisep EAPS provides the ultimate in helicopter engine protection by reducing erosion and maintenance workload while enhancing safety, reliability, availability, and performance.
“Dart welcomes the opportunity to team with Pall and develop FAA supplemental type certificates (STCs) for beneficial helicopter modifications,” said Bill Beckett, vice president of Canadian operations for Dart Helicopter Services (DHS). STCs document the airworthiness of changes to existing aircraft designs.
“We’re excited about our first Squirrel helicopter project with Dart and about expanding our collaboration to improve engine protection and safety for many other aircraft,” said Jim Western, president of Pall Aerospace. “Recent advances in design technology have enabled us to develop more efficient Centrisep systems with reduced power loss and greater protection against foreign object damage.”
On the latest Centrisep designs, a secondary filter screen prevents damage from foreign objects even when the engine cover is open. Pall’s Centrisep EAPS is a ‘fit and forget,’ environmentally-sustainable solution. Unlike other systems, there is no need for regular maintenance and cleaning, and the unit is certified for inadvertent entry into icing conditions without requiring complicated bypass doors.
Pall Aerospace provides fluid filtration and separation solutions for a broad range of military and commercial aircraft. Its filter products are used on all major rotorcraft brands worldwide. Centrisep EAPSs have been protecting helicopter engines since the 1960s. Over fifty different designs have been certified and operate worldwide.
Dart Aerospace Ltd. is part of the Dart Helicopter Services family of companies that designs, certifies, and produces innovative helicopter solutions that are available around the world. Dart’s extensive certification capabilities, coupled with its global marketing network in the helicopter accessory business, make the collaboration with Pall a natural fit.
To learn more about the Centrisep EAPS, please visit the Pall booth #5717 or the Dart booth #3717 at Heli-Expo in Dallas, Texas from February 12 -14; visit www.pall.com/Centrisep ; or email [email protected]
About Pall Corporation
Pall Corporation is a filtration, separation and purification leader providing solutions to meet the critical fluid management needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry. Pall works with customers to advance health, safety and environmentally responsible technologies. The company’s engineered products enable process and product innovation and minimize emissions and waste. Pall Corporation, with total revenues of $2.7 billion for fiscal year 2011, is an S&P 500 company with almost 11,000 employees serving customers worldwide. Pall has been named a “top green company” by Newsweek magazine. To see how Pall is helping enable a greener, safer, more sustainable future, follow us on Twitter @PallCorporation or visit www.pall.com/green .
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin
- CareFlight appoints new CEO
- Spirit Delivers 5th CH-53K System Demonstration Test Article
- HeliOffshore appoints Executive Assistant
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for helicopter emergency collective actuator
- L-3 Communications awarded $42M contract for TH-57 fleet logistics services
- 920th Rescue Wing receives Power and Vigilance Award
- Metro delivers H125 to Jujuy Province
- Air Zermatt celebrates 50 years of operations with B429 delivery
- Safran made two senior management appointments
- Autonomous Helicopter Technology Wins Another Major Award
- The Bell Air Taxi Takes Uber Elevate Attendees For A Ride
- Bell V-280 makes first cruise mode flight
- Airbus to offer H135 to U.S. Navy
- Honeywell Introduces New Flight Data Monitoring App
- Lee County acquires six Airbus H125s
- Coptersafety appoints Head of Development and Test Pilot
- NASA to Send Helicopter to Mars
- Sikorsky Begins Deliveries to the U.S. Marine Corps