Pall Corporation, a global leader in filtration, separation and purification, today announced that it has signed an agreement with Dart Aerospace Ltd. to develop new upgrades for Pall’s Centrisep(R) engine advanced protection system (EAPS). The companies will collaborate on the design, validation, and airworthiness (suitability for safe flight) certifications for the upgrades. At Heli-Expo 2012, the world’s largest trade show dedicated to the international helicopter community, the first program – for AS350 ‘Squirrel’ aircraft(1 -)will be showcased. Pall’s Centrisep EAPS provides the ultimate in helicopter engine protection by reducing erosion and maintenance workload while enhancing safety, reliability, availability, and performance.
“Dart welcomes the opportunity to team with Pall and develop FAA supplemental type certificates (STCs) for beneficial helicopter modifications,” said Bill Beckett, vice president of Canadian operations for Dart Helicopter Services (DHS). STCs document the airworthiness of changes to existing aircraft designs.
“We’re excited about our first Squirrel helicopter project with Dart and about expanding our collaboration to improve engine protection and safety for many other aircraft,” said Jim Western, president of Pall Aerospace. “Recent advances in design technology have enabled us to develop more efficient Centrisep systems with reduced power loss and greater protection against foreign object damage.”
On the latest Centrisep designs, a secondary filter screen prevents damage from foreign objects even when the engine cover is open. Pall’s Centrisep EAPS is a ‘fit and forget,’ environmentally-sustainable solution. Unlike other systems, there is no need for regular maintenance and cleaning, and the unit is certified for inadvertent entry into icing conditions without requiring complicated bypass doors.
Pall Aerospace provides fluid filtration and separation solutions for a broad range of military and commercial aircraft. Its filter products are used on all major rotorcraft brands worldwide. Centrisep EAPSs have been protecting helicopter engines since the 1960s. Over fifty different designs have been certified and operate worldwide.
Dart Aerospace Ltd. is part of the Dart Helicopter Services family of companies that designs, certifies, and produces innovative helicopter solutions that are available around the world. Dart’s extensive certification capabilities, coupled with its global marketing network in the helicopter accessory business, make the collaboration with Pall a natural fit.
To learn more about the Centrisep EAPS, please visit the Pall booth #5717 or the Dart booth #3717 at Heli-Expo in Dallas, Texas from February 12 -14; visit www.pall.com/Centrisep ; or email [email protected]
About Pall Corporation
Pall Corporation is a filtration, separation and purification leader providing solutions to meet the critical fluid management needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry. Pall works with customers to advance health, safety and environmentally responsible technologies. The company’s engineered products enable process and product innovation and minimize emissions and waste. Pall Corporation, with total revenues of $2.7 billion for fiscal year 2011, is an S&P 500 company with almost 11,000 employees serving customers worldwide. Pall has been named a “top green company” by Newsweek magazine. To see how Pall is helping enable a greener, safer, more sustainable future, follow us on Twitter @PallCorporation or visit www.pall.com/green .
- Bell awarded $38M contract for Procurement of AH-1Z Items
- India – ONGC to procure offshore rescue helicopter
- Birmingham Childrens Hospital helipad blocked by cranes
- Guardian Air looks into CPR Device
- Judge rules Sikorsky cannot avoid bias claim from deaf employee
- Kuwait begins anti-corruption investigation into Airbus H225M deal
- Pawan Hans share sale falls apart
- 100 count down to HeliRussia 2018
- Med-Trans Partners With Care Flight To Serve Parts of California
- Precision Flight Controls releases simulator for B206 and B407GXP
- New European Plan for Aviation Safety
- WINDEAcare to provide offshore EMS support during wind farm construction
- 3rd MAW Super Cobra takes final flight
- Korea Aerospace selects GVH Wet Deck for Korean Coast Guard
- Alpine first to market certified Bear Paws for B505
- Worldwide Helicopter Safety Teams Will Release Accident Data at Heli-Expo 2018
- Evonik to exhibit at Heli-Expo 2018
- JETNET to Feature New Reporting Tools at Heli-Expo 2018
- Rogue Aviation Opens Flight School Focused on Flight Safety
- HAL seeks partner for Dhruv program Image pick a good one after searching ‘dhruv’