Discovery Air subsidiary, Great Slave Helicopters Limited (GSH) announced today that it has completed the purchase of Servicios AÃ©reos Helicopters.cl Ltda (â€œSALâ€) in Chile.
Founded in 2002, SAL provides helicopter services to domestic and multinational customers in the mining, power construction, and forestry sectors of the Chilean economy. With two main operating bases in north central and southern Chile, as well as operations in Argentina and Colombia, SAL operates a fleet of up to 10 intermediate and medium helicopters. SAL is ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certified. The current management team will continue on with SAL, to drive additional growth for Discovery Air and GSH in Chile and South America.
Adam Bembridge, Group President of Discovery Air Northern Services stated â€œWe are very pleased to have SAL join our rotary services team, and feel they are an ideal partner for GSH in the Chilean market, and that SAL will further expand Discovery Airâ€™s presence in South America. Both GSH and SAL will benefit from counter seasonal opportunities and fleet utilization going forward.â€
â€œOpportunities for aviation services in Chile and the rest of South America are expanding rapidly, and joining the Discovery Air team will allow SAL to offer our clients an even greater portfolio of services. We are very happy to be joining a diverse and respected company like Discovery Air.â€ said SAL founder Carlos Lopez.
ABOUT DISCOVERY AIR AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES
Discovery Air Inc. is a Canadian specialty aviation company, operating over 140 aircraft with our 850 team members. We deliver airborne training to the Canadian military; airborne fire services; helicopter operations; fixed-wing air charter services; expediting and logistics support; and a range of maintenance, repair, overhaul, modification, engineering and certification services.
Discovery Airâ€™s shares and debentures trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange (Symbols DA.A and DA.DB.A respectively).
The Chilean operator has a website at http://www.helicopters.cl/
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd