Discovery Air subsidiary, Great Slave Helicopters Limited (GSH) announced today that it has completed the purchase of Servicios AÃ©reos Helicopters.cl Ltda (â€œSALâ€) in Chile.
Founded in 2002, SAL provides helicopter services to domestic and multinational customers in the mining, power construction, and forestry sectors of the Chilean economy. With two main operating bases in north central and southern Chile, as well as operations in Argentina and Colombia, SAL operates a fleet of up to 10 intermediate and medium helicopters. SAL is ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certified. The current management team will continue on with SAL, to drive additional growth for Discovery Air and GSH in Chile and South America.
Adam Bembridge, Group President of Discovery Air Northern Services stated â€œWe are very pleased to have SAL join our rotary services team, and feel they are an ideal partner for GSH in the Chilean market, and that SAL will further expand Discovery Airâ€™s presence in South America. Both GSH and SAL will benefit from counter seasonal opportunities and fleet utilization going forward.â€
â€œOpportunities for aviation services in Chile and the rest of South America are expanding rapidly, and joining the Discovery Air team will allow SAL to offer our clients an even greater portfolio of services. We are very happy to be joining a diverse and respected company like Discovery Air.â€ said SAL founder Carlos Lopez.
ABOUT DISCOVERY AIR AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES
Discovery Air Inc. is a Canadian specialty aviation company, operating over 140 aircraft with our 850 team members. We deliver airborne training to the Canadian military; airborne fire services; helicopter operations; fixed-wing air charter services; expediting and logistics support; and a range of maintenance, repair, overhaul, modification, engineering and certification services.
Discovery Airâ€™s shares and debentures trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange (Symbols DA.A and DA.DB.A respectively).
The Chilean operator has a website at http://www.helicopters.cl/
- Dutch EMS operator picks P&W engines for new H135s
- Possible US Foreign Military Sale to the UK
- Airbus to showcase H135 as future Navy helicopter
- Dart signs new AMC during Helitech 2018
- Visit Bell at #IACP2018
- New helicopter hoist will help rescue injured firefighters in Nevada
- Bell and Yamato announce collaboration
- Leonardo congratulates the Royal Malaysian Navy on reaching a milestone
- Dart receives EASA certification for EC130/H130 Cable Cutter System
- Enstrom announces 280FX Sale at Helitech 2018
- 1st H125 delivered with BLR FastFin kit
- Dart opens new service center in Amsterdam
- HeliOffshore held the 2nd in a series of Human Hazard Analysis workshops
- Avic ready to export Z-19 attack helicopter
- CH-53K running short of crucial part
- Te Anau Retains Helicopter Base
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries