Discovery Air subsidiary, Great Slave Helicopters Limited (GSH) announced today that it has completed the purchase of Servicios AÃ©reos Helicopters.cl Ltda (â€œSALâ€) in Chile.
Founded in 2002, SAL provides helicopter services to domestic and multinational customers in the mining, power construction, and forestry sectors of the Chilean economy. With two main operating bases in north central and southern Chile, as well as operations in Argentina and Colombia, SAL operates a fleet of up to 10 intermediate and medium helicopters. SAL is ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certified. The current management team will continue on with SAL, to drive additional growth for Discovery Air and GSH in Chile and South America.
Adam Bembridge, Group President of Discovery Air Northern Services stated â€œWe are very pleased to have SAL join our rotary services team, and feel they are an ideal partner for GSH in the Chilean market, and that SAL will further expand Discovery Airâ€™s presence in South America. Both GSH and SAL will benefit from counter seasonal opportunities and fleet utilization going forward.â€
â€œOpportunities for aviation services in Chile and the rest of South America are expanding rapidly, and joining the Discovery Air team will allow SAL to offer our clients an even greater portfolio of services. We are very happy to be joining a diverse and respected company like Discovery Air.â€ said SAL founder Carlos Lopez.
ABOUT DISCOVERY AIR AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES
Discovery Air Inc. is a Canadian specialty aviation company, operating over 140 aircraft with our 850 team members. We deliver airborne training to the Canadian military; airborne fire services; helicopter operations; fixed-wing air charter services; expediting and logistics support; and a range of maintenance, repair, overhaul, modification, engineering and certification services.
Discovery Airâ€™s shares and debentures trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange (Symbols DA.A and DA.DB.A respectively).
The Chilean operator has a website at http://www.helicopters.cl/
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Sacramento PD Becomes First Law Enforcement Agency to Operate Bell 505
- US Air Force delivers new Black Hawks to 12th CAB
- CAE wins contract to provide Qatar Emiri Air Force with comprehensive NH90 training solution
- HMLA-367 bids farewell to AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters
- Canadian AvGas supply problem partly resolved
- First show of the new Russian light helicopter to take place at HeliRussia 2018
- Milestone Aviation provides four new H135 helicopters to ADAC
- Oceania Aviation receives award from MD Helicopters
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- Honeywell provides support to AW139 Leonardo fleets
- Trakka announces SWE-400 Quad Orders
- 4 Key Helicopter Technologies That Will Save Lives
- Mid-Continent Named Authorized BendixKing Repair Partner
- Marine Corps Plans for Super UAS
- Charleston County Sheriff Replace Aging Bell
- DART Aerospace certifies lightweight Bell 505 Bearpaws
- MD Helicopters announces scholarship recipient
- Aero Products partners with Pall Aerospace
- StandardAero Announces Plans Expansion