Discovery Air subsidiary, Great Slave Helicopters Limited (GSH) announced today that it has completed the purchase of Servicios AÃ©reos Helicopters.cl Ltda (â€œSALâ€) in Chile.
Founded in 2002, SAL provides helicopter services to domestic and multinational customers in the mining, power construction, and forestry sectors of the Chilean economy. With two main operating bases in north central and southern Chile, as well as operations in Argentina and Colombia, SAL operates a fleet of up to 10 intermediate and medium helicopters. SAL is ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certified. The current management team will continue on with SAL, to drive additional growth for Discovery Air and GSH in Chile and South America.
Adam Bembridge, Group President of Discovery Air Northern Services stated â€œWe are very pleased to have SAL join our rotary services team, and feel they are an ideal partner for GSH in the Chilean market, and that SAL will further expand Discovery Airâ€™s presence in South America. Both GSH and SAL will benefit from counter seasonal opportunities and fleet utilization going forward.â€
â€œOpportunities for aviation services in Chile and the rest of South America are expanding rapidly, and joining the Discovery Air team will allow SAL to offer our clients an even greater portfolio of services. We are very happy to be joining a diverse and respected company like Discovery Air.â€ said SAL founder Carlos Lopez.
ABOUT DISCOVERY AIR AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES
Discovery Air Inc. is a Canadian specialty aviation company, operating over 140 aircraft with our 850 team members. We deliver airborne training to the Canadian military; airborne fire services; helicopter operations; fixed-wing air charter services; expediting and logistics support; and a range of maintenance, repair, overhaul, modification, engineering and certification services.
Discovery Airâ€™s shares and debentures trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange (Symbols DA.A and DA.DB.A respectively).
The Chilean operator has a website at http://www.helicopters.cl/
- HAI announces Bell Helicopter Lifetime Achievement Award winner
- HeliOffshore features in Eurocontrol’s Hindsight magazine
- HAI announces Rolls-Royce Excellence in Helicopter Maintenance Award winner
- CHC receives second H175 via LCI lease
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter