Today, Duff and Phelps was appointed by the court as trustee in bankruptcy for Ornge Global GP Inc. and Ornge Global Holdings LP, the for-profit arm of Ornge. This results, by operation of law, in the immediate termination of the remaining employees of the bankrupt Global entities, being Dr. Chris Mazza, President and CEO, and Maria Renzella, Chief Operating Officer. Dr. Mazza and Ms. Renzella are no longer officers of the corporation. No severance payments have been offered to them by Ornge.
The bankruptcy does not affect the not-for-profit Ornge or any of its wholly-owned subsidiaries including Ornge Global Corporate Services Inc. and Ornge Global Air Inc.
Ornge, a not-for-profit organization, coordinates all aspects of Ontario’s air ambulance system, the critical care land transport program, paediatric transport program and the authorization of air and land ambulance transfers between hospitals. Ornge performs more than 19,000 transports annually.
Editor Note: It was the for-profit arm that AgustaWestland was working with - see this story
- Fourth corporate AW139 sold into UK market
- HeliRussia – Exclases signs for five AW139s
- RBC makes C$500K donation to STARS
- Neighbours complain at temporary EMS helipad
- Sky Shuttle Helicopters’ First All-Female Crew
- Ornge Sells Two Surplus AW139s
- Former Ornge directors say they didn’t know about CEO’s extra fees
- UK – Dyson adds second AW139 to corporate fleet
- Dart launches lightweight interior ceiling panels for AW139
- UTair becomes first Russian AW139 operator
- RSG Delivers Universal Gimbal Mount Design for AW139
- Japanese STC for AW139 firefighting belly tank system
- Weststar signs for six AW139 and two AW189 at LIMA 2013
- Ornge investigation may take another year, says OPP
- New AW139 Simulator Obtains ENAC Certification to Level D
- Spectro are approved suppliers for debris and oil analysis services for AW139 operators
- New Ontario hospital helipad to improve patient care
- Honeywell receives FAA STC for AW139 Zing HUMS
- Saudi Medevac to Be Equipped with AW139
- Waypoint Leasing signs for GrandNew, AW139, AW169 and AW189