Today, Duff and Phelps was appointed by the court as trustee in bankruptcy for Ornge Global GP Inc. and Ornge Global Holdings LP, the for-profit arm of Ornge. This results, by operation of law, in the immediate termination of the remaining employees of the bankrupt Global entities, being Dr. Chris Mazza, President and CEO, and Maria Renzella, Chief Operating Officer. Dr. Mazza and Ms. Renzella are no longer officers of the corporation. No severance payments have been offered to them by Ornge.
The bankruptcy does not affect the not-for-profit Ornge or any of its wholly-owned subsidiaries including Ornge Global Corporate Services Inc. and Ornge Global Air Inc.
Ornge, a not-for-profit organization, coordinates all aspects of Ontario’s air ambulance system, the critical care land transport program, paediatric transport program and the authorization of air and land ambulance transfers between hospitals. Ornge performs more than 19,000 transports annually.
Editor Note: It was the for-profit arm that AgustaWestland was working with - see this story
- AgustaWestland Training Academy Malaysia Introduces AW139 Full Flight Simulator
- AgustaWestland Secures its First AW139 Order in Senegal
- AgustaWestland and Shanghai Zenisun sign official Distributorship Agreement for China
- Samsung Techwin orders two more AW139s
- AgustaWestland confirm HeliHub.com story on Brunei Shell AW139s
- AW139 tech pubs now available on tablets and smart phones
- US corporate operator signs for two AW139s
- LCI signs for 10 more new AgustaWestland helicopters
- Omni signs for two more AW139s
- LCI to lease two AW139s to WestStar
- UK – Significant growth for Gama helicopter maintenance
- AgustaWestland launches Paris Airshow App 2013 and Official Twitter Account
- Azerbaijan Airlines orders S92 and AW139 simulators from CAE
- Panama takes delivery of fifth and sixth AW139s
- Weststar signs first contract outside Malaysia
- Brunei Shell Petroleum accepts two AW139s
- Fourth corporate AW139 sold into UK market
- HeliRussia – Exclases signs for five AW139s
- RBC makes C$500K donation to STARS
- Neighbours complain at temporary EMS helipad