Aviation Specialties Unlimited, (ASU) announced today the award winners for the Second Annual Night Vision Awards to be held from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Sunday February 12, at Heli Expo in Dallas. The event is open to Heli Expo attendees and will held at the Dallas Convention Center in Ballroom A2 near the exhibit hall.
Travis County STAR Flight won the Mark of Excellence Award. Texas Department of Public Safety won the Community Awareness Award. A 10-Year Service award will be presented to the Los Angeles County Fire Department Air Operations Unit. REACH Air Medical Services, STAT MedEvac and Collier County MedFlight will be given the 5-Year Service Award.
“There were a lot of great nominees,” said Marketing Director Hannah Gordon. “All the nominees are a tribute to the many operators proudly serving their communities through EMS, Law Enforcement, SAR and Fire Fighting operations. There are countless stories of saved lives and successful missions made possibly with night vision systems. We look forward to honoring the award winners and invite Heli Expo attendees to join us.”
The Night Vision Awards were established in 2011 to recognize operations using night vision systems to safely protect and serve communities while championing the call for safe night flights. Doors open at 5:00. Drinks and refreshments will be served. The award ceremony will begin at 5:30.
- Night vision goggles and replacement parts
- Service/inspection for goggles
- NVG cockpit lighting solutions, installed by our FAA-approved 145 repair station technicians at our facility in Boise, Idaho, or at the customer’s facility
- Cockpit replacement parts provided by our FAA-approved PMA
- Initial and recurrent training for flight crews on the use of night vision via an FAA-approved 141 Training Program and/or 135 Air Operator Certificate
- Assistance in establishing Night Vision Programs.
- HeliRussia – First Kamov Ka62 to fly by August
- HeliRussia – Transas Aviation to provide locally-made GPS for Bell 407, 429
- HeliRussia – Exclases Holdings signs for a GrandNew
- HeliRussia – Exclases signs for five AW139s
- HeliRussia – Russia-Peru certification agreement opens up opportunties for Helisur
- HeliRussia – Russian Helicopters signs agreement with PANH Helicopters
- HeliRussia – Bell expands in Russia
- Helipad in Woodruff to be Discussed Again
- Dart launches Rear Locker Extender for B206 and B407
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M for long-lead V-22 components
- Night Flight Concepts Launches Industry Specific NVIS Solution Programs
- Kaweah Delta hosts helipad completion celebration
- Register Update – USA – week to 12 May 2013
- Breeze-Eastern to Design and Produce New Winch for MV-22
- RBC makes C$500K donation to STARS
- TAI shows R300 unmanned helicopter
- FLIR Systems awarded $81M US Army contract
- Royal Canadian Air Force begins TigerEx 2013
- Helmet saves Otago helicopter pilot’s life
- Pilot missing after Shandong helicopter hijacked by 20 men