MSP Aero is pleased to announce that the Federal Aviation Association (FAA) has recently granted a Supplemental Type Certificate for the Appareo Vision 1000 Flight Data Monitoring (FDM) device on AgustaWestland AW109/119 series rotorcraft.
The Vision 1000 is a part of Appareo Systems' ALERTS family of FDM products. ALERTS - Aircraft Logging and Event Recording for Training and Safety - is a comprehensive FDM system designed for light and legacy aircraft. ALERTS include both hardware devices like the Vision 1000 and a powerful suite of software and web-based applications that allow aircraft operators of any size to experience the significant safety and training benefits of a comprehensive Flight Operations Quality Assurance (FOQA) program.
"MSP Aero is pleased to partner with Appareo to bring the Vision 1000 to Augusta AW109/119 helicopters," said Jon Ness, director of business development for MSP Aero. "Using the ALERTS system propels aircraft operators to the next level of safety excellence. With Appareo's FDM technology and our extensive avionics experience, we're very well positioned to pursue additional STCs for the Vision 1000 in other aircraft, making this great product for safety available to even more operators."
The Vision 1000 is a compact, lightweight device that is mounted on the ceiling of the aircraft; it captures detailed flight data, video cockpit imagery and ambient audio with optional intercom system integration. Weighing less than half a pound and requiring only power and ground from the aircraft, the Vision 1000 is easily installed in both fixed and rotor-wing aircraft. All data is stored on a crash-hardened internal memory module as well as a removable SDHC memory card for easy access.
Once downloaded from the SD card, flight data is automatically transferred to Appareo's ALERTS servers where it is analyzed against the operator's standard operating procedures (SOPs). Any flights with events falling outside the SOPs are flagged for later review and all flight data is stored for historical trending with AS Web Analyzer, the web-based component of the ALERTS system. The AS Web Analyzer offers operators a powerful set of tools to identify dangerous trends before they result in an incident and to quantify fleet performance over time.
"Appareo is glad to be working with MSP Aero on their efforts to certify the Vision 1000 in these AgustaWestland aircraft and other aircraft in the future," said Jeff Johnson, Appareo's vice president of business development. "Their work in pursuing this STC has illustrated their strong commitment to safety and their position as a leader in FDM. We're also excited that the Vision 1000 will now be an easy choice for operators of these popular helicopters."
About Appareo Systems, LLC
Appareo Systems is a recognized leader in the custom development and manufacture of low-cost innovative avionic solutions for original equipment manufacturers. Through the creative application of cutting-edge technologies, the company creates complex end-to-end solutions that include both airborne and ground station components. Appareo offers turn-key services form product conceptualization through attainment of STC. In addition, the company is an accredited FAA Parts Manufacturing facility.
Appareo's ALERTS system for flight data capture and analysis was named the 2007 Product Breakthrough of the Year by Aviation Week & Space Technology and recognized by the American Helicopter Association with the 2008 Harry T. Jensen award for outstanding contribution to helicopter safety and reliability.
About MSP Aero, LLC
MSP Aero is an FAA Certified Repair Station located in Minneapolis, Minnesota providing avionics support for the upper Midwest region. The MSP Aero team has over 100 years of combined experience providing avionics solutions in both fixed and rotor wing aircraft. MSP Aero offers installation expertise in FDM, HTAWS, 800 MHz emergency radios, and all aspects of HEMS interior completions. MPS Aero offers avionics expertise with the personalized service its customers expect.
- HeliRussia – Exclases Holdings signs for a GrandNew
- Royal Air Force VIP flight reduced to one AW109E
- Mexico orders six GrandNew for Presidential flight
- AgustaWestland to Exhibit at EHS
- Australia – Linfox receives sixth new AgustaWestland helicopter in 13 years
- Summit Air Ambulance rolling after successful first year
- 29-Mar-13 AgustaWestland A109LUH Kruger, South Africa (5F)
- UK – Hayward & Green launch A109 component support programme
- Helidecks releases cockpit guide/checklist iPad apps for AW109 and R44
- Helicopter crash – central London UK
- 16-Jan-13 G-CRST AgustaWestland AW109E Vauxhall, UK (2F)
- 15-Dec-12 07 AgustaWestland AW109E Okoroba, Nigeria (6F)
- 30-Sep-12 N144CF AgustaWestland AW109E Eastland, US-Texas
- RSG completes certification of AW109 secondary digital altimeter
- 17-Sep-12 N901EM AgustaWestland AW109E US-Maine
- 10-Aug-12 G-MEDX AgustaWestland AW109E Corby, UK
- FB Heliservices wins two year Albanian training contract
- 28-Jul-12 XA-UQH AgustaWestland AW109SP Cerro Alpino, Mexico (3F)
- 17-Jul-12 N716AM Agusta A109A Niihau, US-Hawaii
- The Air Ambulance Service joins in Olympic Torch festivities