The Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association has promoted Heidi Williams to Vice President, Air Traffic Services and Modernization. Craig Spence, Vice President of Operations and International Affairs, will continue to lead AOPA's security advocacy efforts and will take on greater responsibilities related to international activities.
In her new role, Williams will lead a team responsible for formulating all policy related to Air Traffic Modernization, Airspace, Air Traffic Control, Aeronautical Information Services, and Aviation Weather Services. "Heidi's invaluable knowledge of the nation's air traffic system and experience working in Washington, D.C., make her a natural leader for AOPA's Air Traffic initiatives and I congratulate her on this well-deserved promotion," said Melissa Rudinger, Senior Vice President of Government Affairs.
In his new role, Spence will lead AOPA's advocacy efforts on international policy and act as the liaison with important international regulatory agencies and stakeholders. He also takes on a leadership role with the International Council of Aircraft Owner and Pilot Association (IAOPA), and he continues in his role of assisting with the planning and operational activities of the division.
- HeliRussia – First Kamov Ka62 to fly by August
- HeliRussia – Transas Aviation to provide locally-made GPS for Bell 407, 429
- HeliRussia – Exclases Holdings signs for a GrandNew
- HeliRussia – Exclases signs for five AW139s
- HeliRussia – Russia-Peru certification agreement opens up opportunties for Helisur
- HeliRussia – Russian Helicopters signs agreement with PANH Helicopters
- HeliRussia – Bell expands in Russia
- Helipad in Woodruff to be Discussed Again
- Dart launches Rear Locker Extender for B206 and B407
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M for long-lead V-22 components
- Night Flight Concepts Launches Industry Specific NVIS Solution Programs
- Kaweah Delta hosts helipad completion celebration
- Register Update – USA – week to 12 May 2013
- Breeze-Eastern to Design and Produce New Winch for MV-22
- RBC makes C$500K donation to STARS
- TAI shows R300 unmanned helicopter
- FLIR Systems awarded $81M US Army contract
- Royal Canadian Air Force begins TigerEx 2013
- Helmet saves Otago helicopter pilot’s life
- Pilot missing after Shandong helicopter hijacked by 20 men