CAPACG and AvConnect have completed the first-ever detailed analysis of Garmin G1000 flight data for Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU). This study is one task associated with a multifaceted, FAA-funded research project – entitled the General Aviation Safety Information Analysis and Sharing Research Project – through the Center for General Aviation Research (www.cgar.org). The ultimate goal of this project is to improve the safety and efficiencies of light aircraft operating in the National Airspace System.
The primary research objective of this specific task was to determine the feasibility of Flight Data Monitoring (FDM) event analysis using recorded Garmin G1000 flight data in a collegiate flight-training environment. The data-logging feature of the G1000 avionics system records 64 parameters once every second without the addition of a costly lightweight aircraft recording system. Garmin and other manufacturers are beginning to include data-logging features in many new integrated avionics systems. According to CAPACG CEO Larry McCarroll, “the outcome of this research further validates the strength of thoughtful flight data analysis and the capabilities of emerging technologies – both airborne and ground-based – to improve flight safety.”
Event analysis compared recorded flight data to pre-defined FDM events covering both flight safety and maintenance events. For this study, event analysis required the development of a new software tool to parse over 4,000 flight hours of data. CAPACG and AvConnect collaborated on the development of a new cloud-based computing and storage system for all of the research data. The production version of the AvConnect analysis tool has the capability of processing over 100 hours of flight data/sec.
For more information on this project or to receive a complete copy of the research report, contact Kipp Lau at [email protected]
Based in Daytona Beach, Florida, CAPACG is a consulting firm and systems integrator focused on helping hardware and software companies develop products specifically for the General Aviation FDM market. CAPACG is an expert in helping operators develop, implement and operate their FDM programs. Additional information can be found at www.capacg.com.
AvConnect provides a comprehensive online solution built to streamline and simplify aircraft ownership; connecting pilots and owner/operators to their service center, maintenance manager, fellow pilots, and OEM through advanced online and mobile applications. From flight tracks to logbooks and currencies, to aircraft performance data and maintenance tracking, AvConnect delivers the most efficient pilot and aircraft management system available for general aviation. AvConnect is an AvFusion, Inc. company, a privately held corporation based in Denver, Colorado.
AvConnect® is a registered trademark of AvFusion, Inc.
- AHS – Prevailing In “Demanding Environments”
- HAI Participates at HeliRussia 2013
- Bristow publish results for Q4 and Year ended 31st March 2013
- R66 lands at North Pole
- Nine new customers in China for Enstrom
- Eurocopter to supply EC225 and AS350B3e to China’s State Grid General Aviation Company
- CAE upgrades visuals on Royal Navy Lynx Mk8 full-mission simulator
- Keystone Med-Flight Announces New VP of Operations
- Fourth corporate AW139 sold into UK market
- REACH adds sixth EC135
- Enstrom breaks ground on production plant expansion
- Bell promotes innovation at AHS Forum 69
- HAI at AHS Forum 69
- Court rejects helicopter haze injunction
- Rivalry develops in air ambulance service
- Castleberry Instruments & Avionics Relocates for Growth
- Keystone Turbine Services Honeywell-approved for P&WC PT6 Series Accessory Support
- EBACE – Heli Asset places first Eurocopter EC155B1 into Switzerland
- EBACE – Corporate EC175 features dimmable windows and cabin partitions
- EBACE – JSSI reaches 10,000th Asset Milestone