On 23 December 2011, R66 serial number 0100 rolled off Robinson’s production line, one year and two months after the R66 Turbine received FAA certification.
The 5-place R66 is Robinson’s largest and most powerful helicopter. The idea, conceived more than a decade ago, was to produce a reasonably priced, low maintenance, high performance turbine helicopter that would fill the emerging void in the turbine helicopter market.
Worldwide response to the R66 has been very strong, surpassing Robinson’s initial expectations. R66 S/N 0100 was delivered to National Airways Corp. (NAC), Robinson’s longtime dealer in South Africa.
As the R66 market expands, Robinson will continue to develop new options, including a police version, a float version and an external cargo hook.
Robinson Helicopter Company is the world’s leading manufacturer of civil helicopters. For additional information about Robinson, visit the website at www.robinsonheli.com.
- R66 lands at North Pole
- Helifilte WA Celeberates Five Years Of Operation
- Canadian R66 certification nears
- Frank Robinson to receive 2013 Guggenheim Medal
- First R66 delivered in Bangladesh
- ATP releases five new Robinson libraries
- Russia orders 47 Robinson R66s
- Russia certifies the Robinson R66
- Is EASA R66 debacle really Robinson’s fault?
- UK allows uncertified R66 to fly commercially
- 09-Mar-13 ZK-IHU Robinson R66 Oamaru Valley, New Zealand (1F)
- Sloane Helicopters encouraged with R66 development
- Aerobraze congratulates Robinson on R66 success
- Helitowcart launches dual wheels for R66 and R44
- R66 Floats and cargo hook are Robinson’s top priority
- Robinson 2012 production 45% up on 2011
- New Helicopter Service in Palau, Micronesia with R66
- Nigerian Air Force take delivery of first two R66s
- Kurt Robinson named to IHST Executive Committee
- Robinson doubles R66 production rate