Southeast Aerospace (SEA), a custom aerospace solutions provider located at Melbourne International Airport, has hired Marla Westcott to lead the company’s efforts to obtain AS9100 certification by fall 2012.
Westcott brings more than 30 years of experience from NASA’s Space Shuttle Program to SEA’s Quality Department. In her most recent position, Marla led the Florida Quality Management System for United Space Alliance, NASA’s prime contractor on the Shuttle Program. She also managed the team that won the George M. Low Award, NASA’s premier quality and performance recognition for prime and sub contractors.
AS9100 certification is an internationally recognized quality management standard for the aircraft and aerospace industries. It reflects a commitment to continuous quality improvement and on-time delivery within a supply chain. Some military agencies and aircraft original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) require suppliers to be AS9100 certified.
“Product safety, reliability and on-time delivery are critical to the reputation our business,” noted SEA Vice President of Sales & Marketing Joe Braddock. “Having the AS9100 quality management certification will make Southeast Aerospace even more competitive in the global marketplace.”
“Major government contractors like Boeing, Lockheed, Northrop Grumman and NASA all require AS9100 certification. Even the FAA is transitioning to this standard,” added Westcott. “I look forward to ensuring Southeast Aerospace maintains its international reputation for quality through this significant achievement.”
Westcott attended Rollins College and graduated with a Bachelor’s in Business Administration. She also obtained dual Masters from Colorado Technical University in Project Management and Business Management.
About Southeast Aerospace: Southeast Aerospace (SEA) is an FAA-approved authorized custom aerospace solutions provider located in Melbourne, FL. SEA provides manufacturing and engineering services, installations, part sales, repair and special missions for its domestic and international customer base. For more information about Southeast Aerospace products and services, visit www.seaerospace.com.
- DART Launches Redesigned iPad App to Better Support its Customers
- Next-Generation Transponder receives DoD Certification
- Russian Helicopters congratulates winners of 21st Century Helicopters competition
- Safety Experts Join PRISM Helicopter and Business Aviation Team
- Air Comm acquires Meggitt (Addison)
- New head for Air BP
- Bristow – EC225 situation will last another year or more
- Iraqi Army receives last of 24 Bell 407s
- Argentine Air Force to add two Bell 412s
- EBACE – AgustaWestland pushes VIP-role AW169
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance goes operational
- EBACE – Bell showcases 429
- AHS – Prevailing In “Demanding Environments”
- HAI Participates at HeliRussia 2013
- Bristow publish results for Q4 and Year ended 31st March 2013
- Floating helipad returns to Destin
- 23-May-13 G-XXEB Sikorsky S76C++ Denham, UK
- R66 lands at North Pole
- Nine new customers in China for Enstrom
- Eurocopter to supply EC225 and AS350B3e to China’s State Grid General Aviation Company