Summit Aviation, a Greenwich AeroGroup Company, announced today they have signed a long term agreement with Sikorsky Global Helicopters to manufacture, assemble and test transmissions for new production Schweizer 300 CTM aircraft and aftermarket support.
“We have had a long standing relationship with Sikorsky,” said President of Summit Aviation Bob Fitzpatrick. “For the last five years our facility has built major aero structure sub-assemblies for the Schweizer 333TM for them in our Somerset, Ky. location, and now we are elated to be able work with them on this exciting new project.”
Fitzpatrick added that Summit was selected by Sikorsky based on their technical knowledge of the product and competitive cost. He also stated that Summit is a Part 145 Bell Helicopter approved transmission overhaul center.
The agreement is valued at approximately $5 million and work will be completed at Summit Aviation’s Middletown, Del., facility.
Located in Middletown, Delaware, Summit’s Manufacturing Center offers new dynamic manufacture, assembly and testing along with aerostructures manufacture and assembly. The company also offers aircraft and engine maintenance and modification services on Bell, Eurocopter, Sikorsky, Boeing and MD helicopters as well as on Pilatus, Cessna, Beechcraft King Airs, Beechjets and other light jet model aircraft. The company also provides engine maintenance and support to its customers which include Pratt & Whitney, Turbomeca, and others.
About Greenwich AeroGroup
Greenwich AeroGroup, Inc., owns and operates providers of general, commercial, government and military aviation services including: maintenance, avionics and interior refurbishments; fixed base operations; aircraft sales, charter and management; manufacturing and engineering; component repair and overhaul; parts distribution and financial services. Current locations include: Atlantic Aero, Inc., located at Piedmont-Triad International Airport in Greensboro, N.C.; Western Aircraft, Inc., located at Gowen Field in Boise, Idaho; Summit Aviation, Inc., located at Summit Airport in Middletown, Del.; DAC International, Inc., located in Austin, Texas; Matrix Aviation, Inc., located in Wichita, Kan.; Professional Aviation Associates, Inc., located in Atlanta, Ga.; Professional Aircraft Accessories, Inc., located in Titusville, Fla.; NASAM, Inc., located in San Francisco, Calif., and GCCUS Inc. located in Aptos, Calif. News and information are available at www.greenwichaerogroup.com.
- 25-Mar-13 N90570 Hughes 300C Rialto, US-California
- 19-Feb-13 N2099S Schweizer 300CBi Titusville, US-Florida
- British S300 crash lawsuit plays out in the US
- 05-Aug-12 C-FLBI Schweizer 300CBi Widgeon Lake, Canada
- 02-Jun-12 N2196F Schweizer 300 Broomfield, US-Colorado
- 24-May-12 N7505Y Schweizer 300C Asheville, US-North Carolina
- UK – Virage Helicopter Academy set up by ex-Sterling instructor
- 13-May-12 N61482 Schweizer 300CBi Hillsboro, US-Oregon
- 21-Apr-12 N34LB Schweizer 300C Schaumburg, US-Illinois
- 12-Apr-12 N69HJ Hughes 269A Grinnell, US-Iowa
- 12-Apr-12 VT-HAV Schweizer 300C Bangalore, India
- 05-Mar-12 N1099N Hughes 300C Staples, US-Texas
- 11-Feb-12 N20536 Schweizer 300C Las Vegas, US-Nevada
- 16th birthday first solo on turbine and piston helicopters
- 14-Oct-11 N10375 Hughes 269A Fort Worth, US-Texas
- 05-Sep-11 N17YS Schweizer 300CBi Orlando, US-Florida
- Air Orlando Aviation to continue flying with restructure and new owner
- 29-Apr-11 N9561F Hughes 269B Edgerton, US-Indiana
- 13-Mar-11 N958CP Schweizer S300C Apopka, US-Florida
- FAA Emergency AD 2011-01-52 Schweizer 300 all models