Attendees to the 23rd Annual International Women in Aviation Conference will be informed and inspired by an exceptional lineup of conference speakers. This year's conference will take place from March 8-10, 2012, at the Hilton Anatole in Dallas, Texas.
Acting FAA Administrator Michael Huerta will begin Friday's General Session sponsored by the Helicopter Association International (HAI), EAA, GAMA, and NBAA. WAI will then present a panel of women involved in helicopter operations that will be moderated by HAI President Matt Zuccaro.
The Friday luncheon features Nagin Cox, Mission Operations Flight Team for NASA's Mars Science Laboratory and is sponsored by Gulfstream, Delta Air Lines, the U.S. Coast Guard, Alaska Airlines, and Horizon Air. This year also includes a performance by popular country entertainer Ansel Brown who will sing "When You Fly" while his wife Lisa interprets the song in sign language.
The Saturday General Session, sponsored by The Boeing Company, Jeppesen and Availl Services, includes EAA President and Chairman Rod Hightower; Sherry Carbary, Vice President of Flight Services at Boeing; Colleen Walker, Chief Executive Officer of the Northeast Texas Girl Scouts of America; and Dr. Diane Thornton, National Director of Learning for Life.
"Colleen and Diane are part of our Bring Your Daughter to the Conference Day which includes participation by Dallas area Girl Scouts," says WAI President Dr. Peggy Chabrian. "We will be recognizing the 100th Anniversary of the Girl Scouts during the morning program."
In addition to the induction of new Pioneers into WAI's Pioneer Hall of Fame, the closing banquet on Saturday, sponsored by American Airlines, American Eagle, AA Credit Union, and Airbus, will feature Isabella Goren, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, AMR Corporation and American Airlines.
"We have a fantastic lineup of speakers for this year's Conference, but then we always do," says Chabrian. "The Conference gives our members first-hand insights from the top tier of accomplished and successful aviation executives."
With the theme "Reaching Tomorrow Today," the WAI Conference will include seminars, workshops, networking events, speakers, and a commercial exhibit area. The Conference concludes on Saturday evening, March 10, 2012, with WAI's annual banquet where more than 80 scholarships will be awarded with a value of over one half million dollars.
Secure on line registration is available at www.wai.org/12conference. Discounted registration is available for military personnel and full-time students.
Women in Aviation, International is a nonprofit 501(C)(3) organization dedicated to providing networking, mentoring and scholarship opportunities for women and men who are striving for challenging and fulfilling careers in the aviation and aerospace industries. For more information, contact WAI at 3647 State Route 503 South, West Alexandria, OH 45381, Phone (937) 839-4647; Fax (937) 839-4645 or through www.wai.org.
- R66 lands at North Pole
- Nine new customers in China for Enstrom
- Eurocopter to supply EC225 and AS350B3e to China’s State Grid General Aviation Company
- CAE upgrades visuals on Royal Navy Lynx Mk8 full-mission simulator
- Keystone Med-Flight Announces New VP of Operations
- Fourth corporate AW139 sold into UK market
- REACH adds sixth EC135
- Enstrom breaks ground on production plant expansion
- Bell promotes innovation at AHS Forum 69
- HAI at AHS Forum 69
- Court rejects helicopter haze injunction
- Rivalry develops in air ambulance service
- Castleberry Instruments & Avionics Relocates for Growth
- Keystone Turbine Services Honeywell-approved for P&WC PT6 Series Accessory Support
- EBACE – Heli Asset places first Eurocopter EC155B1 into Switzerland
- EBACE – Corporate EC175 features dimmable windows and cabin partitions
- EBACE – JSSI reaches 10,000th Asset Milestone
- EBACE – Eurocopter launches EC175 with VIP/executive interior
- NZ heliski firm fined $6,000
- Vector Aerospace showcases GEMS engine management program at EBACE