AAI Test & Training, an operating unit of Textron Systems, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced today that it has received a $7.7 million Advanced Boresight Equipment (ABE) award from the Defense Logistics Agency to provide 16 Model 310A ABE core test systems for the U.S. Air Force and Special Operations Command (SOCOM) Bell Boeing CV-22 Osprey fleets.
The company has already delivered more than 40 ABE systems to the Air Force supporting more than 10 different aircraft platforms. In addition, SOCOM has utilized AAI Test & Training’s ABE to align its fixed-wing aircraft fleet for more than five years.
“ABE’s long-standing reliability for so many aircraft platforms speaks for itself,” says Senior Vice President and General Manager Robert Peters of AAI Test & Training. “More than 160 of our ABE systems have been fielded by the U.S. Air Force, Navy, Army and Marine Corps, as well as our allies around the world, in support of 24 different aircraft platforms.”
ABE is a gyro-stabilized, electro-optical angular measurement system designed to align aircraft subsystems. Because the ABE system supports concurrent maintenance and does not require aircraft to be jacked and leveled during testing, both depot- and operational-level users can maintain schedules and reduce maintenance costs. These features also support increased manufacturing throughput for original equipment manufacturers.
About AAI Test & Training
AAI Test & Training has decades of experience designing and manufacturing innovative, high-technology test equipment for the lab, training range, depot, flight line, factory and more Ã¢â‚¬â€ delivering the most reliable, top-performing solutions with superb customer care. In addition, AAI provides high-fidelity training devices and solutions, as well as training needs and systems requirements analysis. Its U.K.-based strategic business, ESL Defence Limited, provides electronic warfare test and training solutions. AAI Test & Training is an operating unit of Textron Systems. More information is available atÂ www.aaicorp.com.
- Honeywell International awarded $9M contract for delivery for V-22 aircraft side air panel assemblies
- US Navy appoints new Program Manager for V-22 Joint Program Office
- Triumph Agreement with Boeing Extends Support for V-22
- Bell-Boeing awarded $7M contract for Designing and Developing VSLED for V-22
- Raytheon awarded $9M contract for Delivery of Part for V-22 and H-53
- Bell-Boeing awarded $8M contract for V-22 proprotor blade work
- Bell to fly V-280 Valor Tilt-Rotor in September
- Chinese Tilt Rotor Development
- US Marines Want Armed Drone ASAP to Escort V-22 Osprey
- Cobham Contracted to Develop Aerial Refueling Kit for V-22
- V-22 Workload for Bell, after layoffs
- Bell Boeing awarded $80M delivery order for V-22 work
- V-22 flies with 3D printed, safety-critical parts
- Seyer Industries awarded $27M V-22 support contract
- Boeing awarded $9.5M contract for V-22 Flight Training Device for Japan
- Royal Australian Navy hosts first MV-22 Osprey sea trials
- Four MV-22 Ospreys to be built for Japan
- Bell-Boeing wins $74M order for one V-22 for US Navy
- Bell announces Farnborough showcase
- V-22 being tested as fixed-wing replacement for US Navy vertrep work