AAI Test & Training, an operating unit of Textron Systems, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced today that it has received a $7.7 million Advanced Boresight Equipment (ABE) award from the Defense Logistics Agency to provide 16 Model 310A ABE core test systems for the U.S. Air Force and Special Operations Command (SOCOM) Bell Boeing CV-22 Osprey fleets.
The company has already delivered more than 40 ABE systems to the Air Force supporting more than 10 different aircraft platforms. In addition, SOCOM has utilized AAI Test & Training’s ABE to align its fixed-wing aircraft fleet for more than five years.
“ABE’s long-standing reliability for so many aircraft platforms speaks for itself,” says Senior Vice President and General Manager Robert Peters of AAI Test & Training. “More than 160 of our ABE systems have been fielded by the U.S. Air Force, Navy, Army and Marine Corps, as well as our allies around the world, in support of 24 different aircraft platforms.”
ABE is a gyro-stabilized, electro-optical angular measurement system designed to align aircraft subsystems. Because the ABE system supports concurrent maintenance and does not require aircraft to be jacked and leveled during testing, both depot- and operational-level users can maintain schedules and reduce maintenance costs. These features also support increased manufacturing throughput for original equipment manufacturers.
About AAI Test & Training
AAI Test & Training has decades of experience designing and manufacturing innovative, high-technology test equipment for the lab, training range, depot, flight line, factory and more Ã¢â‚¬â€ delivering the most reliable, top-performing solutions with superb customer care. In addition, AAI provides high-fidelity training devices and solutions, as well as training needs and systems requirements analysis. Its U.K.-based strategic business, ESL Defence Limited, provides electronic warfare test and training solutions. AAI Test & Training is an operating unit of Textron Systems. More information is available atÂ www.aaicorp.com.
- Bell-Boeing awarded $20M more on V-22 flight test contract
- Bell-Boeing awarded $11M more on V-22 training device contract
- M-1 Support Services win $12M contract option for helicopter support at Kirtland AFB
- Special Ops V-22 maintainers win 2015 Maintenance Excellence award
- Hamilton Sundstrand awarded $9M delivery order for V-22 frequency generator work
- V-22 to be tested with French Aircraft Carrier
- USAF CV-22 crew win top award
- US National Defense Authorization Act expected to approve $2.8 Billion for Bell military programs
- France completes testing of V-22 on Helicopter Landing Deck
- Bell-Boeing awarded $20.8M for MV-22B Block C work
- Bell-Boeing awarded $19.8M for MV-22 Integrated Aircraft Survivability Equipment
- Bristol awarded $14M contract for corrosion control hangar at MCAS Cherry Point
- Bell-Boeing awarded $64M contract for V-22 parts
- HMM-165 celebrates 50 years of aviation
- Bell-Boeing awarded $332M contract for five MV-22s for Japan
- Robertson Fuel Systems awarded $10M modification for MV-22 aux fuel contract
- Bell and Boeing expect 100 more V-22 sales
- V-22 makes first landing on Dutch warship
- Textron details Bell involvement at Paris Air Show
- Bell/Boeing awarded $38M delivery order for V-22 parts