AAI Test & Training, an operating unit of Textron Systems, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced today that it has received a $7.7 million Advanced Boresight Equipment (ABE) award from the Defense Logistics Agency to provide 16 Model 310A ABE core test systems for the U.S. Air Force and Special Operations Command (SOCOM) Bell Boeing CV-22 Osprey fleets.
The company has already delivered more than 40 ABE systems to the Air Force supporting more than 10 different aircraft platforms. In addition, SOCOM has utilized AAI Test & Training’s ABE to align its fixed-wing aircraft fleet for more than five years.
“ABE’s long-standing reliability for so many aircraft platforms speaks for itself,” says Senior Vice President and General Manager Robert Peters of AAI Test & Training. “More than 160 of our ABE systems have been fielded by the U.S. Air Force, Navy, Army and Marine Corps, as well as our allies around the world, in support of 24 different aircraft platforms.”
ABE is a gyro-stabilized, electro-optical angular measurement system designed to align aircraft subsystems. Because the ABE system supports concurrent maintenance and does not require aircraft to be jacked and leveled during testing, both depot- and operational-level users can maintain schedules and reduce maintenance costs. These features also support increased manufacturing throughput for original equipment manufacturers.
About AAI Test & Training
AAI Test & Training has decades of experience designing and manufacturing innovative, high-technology test equipment for the lab, training range, depot, flight line, factory and more Ã¢â‚¬â€ delivering the most reliable, top-performing solutions with superb customer care. In addition, AAI provides high-fidelity training devices and solutions, as well as training needs and systems requirements analysis. Its U.K.-based strategic business, ESL Defence Limited, provides electronic warfare test and training solutions. AAI Test & Training is an operating unit of Textron Systems. More information is available atÂ www.aaicorp.com.
- Raytheon, Bell conduct first missile launch from V-22
- Robertson Fuel Systems awarded $14M more for MV-22 aux fuel tank systems
- Bell-Boeing awarded $31M delivery order for design/test work for V-22 fleet
- V-22 Osprey Forward-Firing Capability Demonstrated
- USMC awards Rolls-Royce v-22 engine services contract
- AEDC to give $3M to Bell for new ramp
- Hamilton Sundstrand awarded $7.8M to repair V-22 Aircraft Constant Frequency Generator
- Has Israel cancelled its V-22 order?
- Northrop Grumman awrded $7.9M contact for MV-22 EW upgrade
- Bell Helicopter cutting 320 jobs in Fort Worth, Amarillo
- Bell-Boeing awarded $24M delivery order for trainer upgrades
- 01-Oct-14 Bell-Boeing MV-22 Arabian Gulf, Bahrain (1F)
- Bell-Boeing awarded $10M to upgrade 13 MV-22 training devices
- Bell-Boeing awarded $24M to upgrade V-22 trainers to Block C config
- Bell Boeing awarded $36M contract for V-22 prop-rotor gearbox work
- V-22 flight tests validate ‘hot and high’ capability for Rolls-Royce AE 1107C engines
- Bell-Boeing awarded $9.6M delivery order for V-22 update
- Bell-Boeing awarded $9.4M order for V-22 flight display components
- Bell-Boeing awarded $21M delivery order for MV-22 radar upgrade
- Bell/Boeing awarded $15.1M contract modification for V-22 parts