To expand its parts sales capabilities and its support of Bell medium helicopters, Hillsboro Aviation has purchased the tooling and equipment of the Heli-Trade Corporation and is offering for sale its complete line of parts, Bell 205 fuselages and STCs.
Founded in 1957, Heli-Trade Corporation has been the worldwide industry leader in maximizing safety and performance for Bell 205/UH-1 helicopters. The company offered repairs and service, as well as aftermarket upgrades. Heli-Trade was a Bell Helicopter Textron Customer Service Facility (CSF) and an FAA Repair Station that provided component, airframe and engine maintenance for the Bell 204, 205, 206 and 212 series helicopters and the T53 engine series.
The tooling and parts acquired from Heli-Trade allow Hillsboro Aviation to be poised for growth as a leader in the Bell medium helicopter support and service market. This increases Hillsboro Aviation’s current maintenance capabilities which include being an FAA Repair Station and a factory-authorized service center for Bell light helicopters, Robinson helicopters, Cessna airplanes and Lycoming engines.
In order to facilitate this growth in parts sales and maintenance services, Hillsboro Aviation recently purchased a 190,000-square-foot property at the Hillsboro Airport. The property includes a new office and warehouse facility which enhances the company’s current locations by providing extra office, shop and parts inventory space. Hillsboro Aviation also increased its parts sales staff to support this growth.
“We are extremely excited about the opportunities that our new facility and the purchase of Heli-Trade’s tools and equipment will bring us. Also, its parts, STCs and Bell 205 fuselages really enhance our catalogue of products for sale. Heli- Trade has developed a reputation as an industry leader in the service and support of Bell medium helicopters. Purchasing its tools and assuming management of its inventories and STCs enable Hillsboro Aviation to take the next step toward becoming a leader in Bell service and support,” said Max Lyons, Hillsboro Aviation’s president and owner.
Companies interested in learning more about consigning their parts inventory with Hillsboro Aviation should contact Stephen Johnson at (503) 648-2831 or visit Hillsboro Aviation’s booth #9246 at HELI-EXPO 2012 in Dallas, Texas.
About Hillsboro Aviation Headquartered in Hillsboro, Oregon, USA, Hillsboro Aviation has been in business since 1980. The company’s diverse operations consist of 14 profit centers, including helicopter and airplane flight training, helicopter and airplane charter, aircraft sales, maintenance and avionics services. Its aircraft fleet includes 77 aircraft ranging from single-engine piston and multi-engine turbine King Air airplanes to Robinson R22s and turbine-powered Bell helicopters. Hillsboro Aviation is one of the largest combined helicopter and airplane flight training schools in the U.S. and one of the largest combined helicopter and airplane charter operators in the northwestern U.S. Hillsboro Aviation has flown over one million flight hours in its 32-year history. It is also the only U.S. Independent Representative for Bell Helicopter, the northwestern U.S. dealer for Cessna singleengine piston aircraft and a dealer for the Robinson Helicopter Company. Hillsboro Aviation represents 30 of the leading manufacturers and products both domestically and internationally. To learn more about Hillsboro Aviation, visit www.hillsboroaviation.com.
- UK – Starspeed signs for a second AW169
- FLASH SONICS sonar enters service with French Navy NH90
- Women in Corporate Aviation Scholarships announced for 2013
- Eurocopter and SDV – a joint commitment to reducing CO2 emissions
- Bell announces foreign approval of seven Aeronautical Accessories products
- An inside look at Milestone and the first ever helicopter export credit bond
- NHI celebrates first deployment of an Italian NH90
- Nominate Now for HAI’s Salute to Excellence Awards
- Erickson Air-Crane extends contract with Fluor
- Life Link III signs for six AW119Kx plus six options
- Era signs for 10 more AW189s plus options
- FAA issues Advisory Circular on Reporting Wildlife Aircraft Strikes
- New E-HOTS support partnership consortium
- VNH South recognised for flight hour milestone as more EC225s arrive
- Heli-One secures multi-million-dollar PBH contract with NHV
- Eurocopter and Ramco partner for cloud-based helicopter maintenance software
- Helipartner Thailand orders 10 Eurocopter AS350B3e to lease out
- Eurocopter EC175 certification slips by six months to “early 2014″
- UK – MBE for AW101 Merlin pilot
- Budget pressures for Flagler County’s Fire Flight AS350