Pratt & Whitney Canada (P&WC) announced today at Helicopter Association International's HELI-EXPO 2012 that it has expanded the capabilities of its Service Centre in Long Beach, California, to support its turboshaft family of engines. Pratt & Whitney Canada is a United Technologies Corp. company (NYSE:UTX).
"The West Coast of the United States is an important hub for the turboshaft sector," said Raffaele Virgili, Vice President, Customer Service, P&WC. "It is important for P&WC to be able to meet the aftermarket needs of our helicopter operators flying our engines in this region. Our priority is to ensure minimal down time for our operators and to put the global capabilities of our customer service operation at their disposal."
The Long Beach facility can now conduct component repairs and hot section inspections (HSI) for a variety of PW206 and PW207 turboshaft engines (PW206A/206E/207E, PW206A/206E, PW206B/206B2 and PW207C/D/D1/K). The facility also services CT and PT discs, performs segment grinding, and provides clutch inspections and HSIs for the PT6T engine.
Pratt & Whitney Canada's Long Beach facility was opened in August, 1985 and also provides maintenance and repair services for all P&WC engine models, including PT6A-series hot section and power section repairs, JT15D hot sections, PW500-series hot sections, PW100-series hot sections, and comprehensive line maintenance.
The PW200 family of engines is regarded as the industry's benchmark for the new generation of light-twin helicopters ranging from 500 shp to 800 shp. Helicopters powered by the PW200 family are employed in a number of applications and enjoy strong demand in emergency medical services, utility, law enforcement and general business. The PW200 is simple in its operation, with only three major rotating components and a modular design that enables easy maintenance.
P&WC has manufactured 3,400 PW200 engines in 12 models. They operate in 68 countries and have a combined 5 million hours of flight.
Come and see us at HELI-EXPO 2012, booth number 3317. Interested operators are invited to drop by P&WC's booth to speak with a customer service representative.
- UK – Starspeed signs for a second AW169
- FLASH SONICS sonar enters service with French Navy NH90
- Women in Corporate Aviation Scholarships announced for 2013
- Eurocopter and SDV – a joint commitment to reducing CO2 emissions
- Bell announces foreign approval of seven Aeronautical Accessories products
- An inside look at Milestone and the first ever helicopter export credit bond
- NHI celebrates first deployment of an Italian NH90
- Nominate Now for HAI’s Salute to Excellence Awards
- Erickson Air-Crane extends contract with Fluor
- Life Link III signs for six AW119Kx plus six options
- Era signs for 10 more AW189s plus options
- FAA issues Advisory Circular on Reporting Wildlife Aircraft Strikes
- New E-HOTS support partnership consortium
- VNH South recognised for flight hour milestone as more EC225s arrive
- Heli-One secures multi-million-dollar PBH contract with NHV
- Eurocopter and Ramco partner for cloud-based helicopter maintenance software
- Helipartner Thailand orders 10 Eurocopter AS350B3e to lease out
- Eurocopter EC175 certification slips by six months to “early 2014″
- UK – MBE for AW101 Merlin pilot
- Budget pressures for Flagler County’s Fire Flight AS350